Activation only between 8am and 1pm .... not on week-end or public holidays

FFMG

I know nothing can be done, but it is a little frustrating dealing with cool ideas...

I have been with them for a couple of years, then I moved to a Vodacom Area, the line was installed yesterday morning, (well, as I told them, the line was there all along, I paid R1500 for the little Nokia Modem!).

Vodacom told me that everything was fine and connected, I updated the CI ticket to say please activate me.

At 10 am this morning, I asked them again to activate me, everything is ready...

At 12 I get a reply that they will check with Vodacom ...

At 4pm today, I get some "Welcome to the COOLest network around!" ... but my line won't be activated until Monday because, (amazingly enough for an internet company), they only do activation between 8am and 1pm ... not on week-ends ... and of course, not public holidays.
I picture some guys in blue overall walking up to some old school phone exchange and flicking a switch to route me where ever ...

All along I have been telling CI that desperately need a line for work ... but to be honest ... I don't think they gave a continental about my issues ...

I know I will be blamed for some reason and nothing will be done, but it is very frustrating to say the least ...

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I know nothing can be done, but it is a little frustrating dealing with cool ideas...

I have been with them for a couple of years, then I moved to a Vodacom Area, the line was installed yesterday morning, (well, as I told them, the line was there all along, I paid R1500 for the little Nokia Modem!).

Vodacom told me that everything was fine and connected, I updated the CI ticket to say please activate me.

At 10 am this morning, I asked them again to activate me, everything is ready...

At 12 I get a reply that they will check with Vodacom ...

At 4pm today, I get some "Welcome to the COOLest network around!" ... but my line won't be activated until Monday because, (amazingly enough for an internet company), they only do activation between 8am and 1pm ... not on week-ends ... and of course, not public holidays.
I picture some guys in blue overall walking up to some old school phone exchange and flicking a switch to route me where ever ...

All along I have been telling CI that desperately need a line for work ... but to be honest ... I don't think they gave a continental about my issues ...

I know I will be blamed for some reason and nothing will be done, but it is very frustrating to say the least ...
Check your PM

FFMG

Thanks a lot for sorting me out for the week-end

Work/Life saver, (and saved me a lot of money in mobile data as well).

Thanks