Activision Blizzard Sued Over ‘Frat Boy’ Culture, Harassment

Nurple Derple

Honorary Master
I've heard that one of the alleged abusers has an NPC in one of their games and people are going into said game and spitting on said NPC.

Does anybody know what game and/or to know where to find footage of this?

Emjay

Honorary Master
I've heard that one of the alleged abusers has an NPC in one of their games and people are going into said game and spitting on said NPC.

Does anybody know what game and/or to know where to find footage of this?

The NPC is in World of Warcraft. This lawsuit is centered around the Blizzard WoW team.

Emjay

Honorary Master

My name is Joy Fields. I worked at Blizzard Entertainment from 2006 to 2012. I started at Blizzard straight out of College at age 20 in the Customer Service department. In 2009 I left CS for Creative Development where I worked as an Assistant Curator. My time there was twofold. I loved a lot of the people who I worked with and remain friends with them to this day, but there was a dark underbelly that every woman at Blizzard knew about. I want to talk about that.

cerebus

Honorary Master
e6acd0aad2f3a4bb765ab4338eabfe59.jpg

Emjay

Honorary Master
And another one.

Alex Afrasiabi did something unacceptable to me in 2012, at the Blizzard Holiday Party. Though I never worked at Blizzard myself, I knew many people at the party, as I worked in StarCraft II esports at the time, and formerly game publishing. I’ve decided to speak up now, to add to the collective experiences within the Blizzard culture.

Kelerei

Expert Member
The NPC is in World of Warcraft. This lawsuit is centered around the Blizzard WoW team.

And that NPC is a member of the Alliance. Go figure...

prOd

Expert Member
No King rules forever.

Can't say I'm surprised really, looking at how Blizzard have been treating their customers/employees for a long ass time, hope they get proper screwed this time round.

Emjay

Honorary Master
Letter signed by thousands of Blizzard employees.

I find it interesting that Fran Townsend has been asked to step down from her position on the ABK Employee Women’s Network. Her response was very bad (how she thought it would be a good idea is beyond me), but it seems very counter intuitive to remove a woman from a leadership position because you don't agree with her.

To the Leaders of Activision Blizzard,

We, the undersigned, agree that the statements from Activision Blizzard, Inc. and their legal counsel regarding the DFEH lawsuit, as well as the subsequent internal statement from Frances Townsend, are abhorrent and insulting to all that we believe our company should stand for. To put it clearly and unequivocally, our values as employees are not accurately reflected in the words and actions of our leadership.

We believe these statements have damaged our ongoing quest for equality inside and outside of our industry. Categorizing the claims that have been made as “distorted, and in many cases false” creates a company atmosphere that disbelieves victims. It also casts doubt on our organizations’ ability to hold abusers accountable for their actions and foster a safe environment for victims to come forward in the future. These statements make it clear that our leadership is not putting our values first. Immediate corrections are needed from the highest level of our organization.

Our company executives have claimed that actions will be taken to protect us, but in the face of legal action — and the troubling official responses that followed — we no longer trust that our leaders will place employee safety above their own interests. To claim this is a “truly meritless and irresponsible lawsuit,” while seeing so many current and former employees speak out about their own experiences regarding harassment and abuse, is simply unacceptable.

We call for official statements that recognize the seriousness of these allegations and demonstrate compassion for victims of harassment and assault. We call on Frances Townsend to stand by her word to step down as Executive Sponsor of the ABK Employee Women’s Network as a result of the damaging nature of her statement. We call on the executive leadership team to work with us on new and meaningful efforts that ensure employees — as well as our community — have a safe place to speak out and come forward.

We stand with all our friends, teammates, and colleagues, as well as the members of our dedicated community, who have experienced mistreatment or harassment of any kind. We will not be silenced, we will not stand aside, and we will not give up until the company we love is a workplace we can all feel proud to be a part of again. We will be the change.

Temujin

Honorary Master
Sadly what the metoo believeallwomen stuff taught me was have to take everything with a pinch of salt... gonna be loads of 15min famers muddying the waters looking for new followers etc coming out of the woodwork over this