Actress Sean Young Wanted For Questioning In Queens Burglary

Solarion

Honorary Master

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — Police say actress Sean Young is wanted for questioning after she was allegedly caught on surveillance video stealing laptops and video production software from a store in Queens.

Police say employees at a store in Astoria reported a burglary Thursday. They say surveillance video allegedly showed Young and a male companion breaking in and stealing laptops and software worth about $12,000.
Full Article

FYI the Blade Runner girl

Gordon_R

Expert Member
The story seems way more complicated than the sensationalist headline implies: https://people.com/crime/actress-sean-young-new-york-city-burglary-laptops/

But sources tell PEOPLE exclusively that the full story is much stranger: Young — whose career heyday of the ’80s soured amid a series of on-set issues — allegedly broke into the office of a film on which she had been slated to make her directorial debut before being fired this summer after clashing with the producers.

According to one of the film’s producers, she allegedly took two MacBook Pro laptops that had production software on them.

“This was a big slap in my face. I try to help as much people as I can,” says comedian Greg Kritikos, the co-writer, star and a producer of the upcoming dramedy Charlie Boy, which Young was initially hired to direct.
But workplace issues soon arose, according to Kritikos, who describes Young as out of her directorial depth. The film cut ties with her within weeks of announcing that she had been hired.

Afterward, she repeatedly said she was going to return to the office in Queens to get some of her belongings, according to Kritikos — but she never showed.

Then, somehow on Thursday, “miraculously” she got into the office and took the laptops, he says. However, she did not take any of the related equipment, including necessary cords and mouses. Hard drives containing the film’s footage were also apparently untouched.