Adam Catzavelos arrives at court to answer for race video

Grant

Honorary Master
bizarre times we live in - - giant outcry over this moron along with criminal prosecution . . .
. . . and yet the government facilitates someone wanted for genocide and war crimes to slip back and forth across our borders

Ponderer

Expert Member
T
bizarre times we live in - - giant outcry over this moron along with criminal prosecution . . .
. . . and yet the government facilitates someone wanted for genocide and war crimes to slip back and forth across our borders
The problem with your post is that your reasoning is completely logical.
The use of logical reasoning is futile against emotions.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Zuma was a thug (he still is). He has all it takes to be a rebel leader and wage a bush war.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
maybe he thought being outside of the country qualifies him for immunity?
I don't think it was smart using his real name and identifying himself clearly.
True. I don't see how this is going to court since the "crime" was committed in another country.

eg2505

Honorary Master
True. I don't see how this is going to court since the "crime" was committed in another country.
but why advertise it? and run around screaming I hate X people?
I mean that isnt particularly smart thing to do,

also didn't he realize X people are everywhere, could have shot him somewhere else easily.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master

also didn't he realize X people are everywhere, could have shot him somewhere else easily.
Because imbecile. I dont agree with what he said from a ethical/moral stand point or from an intellectual stand point. It was dumb.

That said, he said it in another country. Surely even your 2nd class lawyer should be able to knock this one out with ease.

Quicks

Of course you don't. You support and agree with what she said, that is why in your opinion she should not be in jail, but luckily you are no court of law, what you think in the bigger scheme of things does not matter.
Then EFF julius malema "not slaughtering white people for now" comments should be considered hate speech and he should be locked up as well?

eg2505

Honorary Master
Then EFF julius malema "not slaughtering white people for now" comments should be considered hate speech and he should be locked up as well?
didnt he get asked to withdraw those comments, by one or another court?

maybe this Adam guy has the same opportunity?

ForceFate

Honorary Master

But why does he live in a country where black people are a majority if he despises them so much? Surely he could move to Greece and live amongst his fellow Greeks. That way, there won't be that many "k*****s" to share a beach with.

Biscuit1018

Expert Member
Was he extradited from Greece to SA?

I am no law expert but I think what you are referring too is if an individual commits a crime in country A, flee's too country B, and due to a reciprocity agreement, country B sends the individual back to country A to face crimes.
I believe he returned on his own. Extradition takes ages.
His assets and life are here.

The_MAC

Executive Member
We were in a precarious situation a while back at school, my son called his friend of colour a coconut, apparently he was very hurt.

Now these are 4 year olds - I know for a fact that my son was literally calling his friend a random noun, nothing sinister. I have heard them calling each other a couch, paw-paw, table (random words), I even call my son a monkey, or other animal names in an affectionate manner.

What concerned me more is that his friend knew its derogatory meaning at that age, so someone had to explain it to him in that context.

But this is the reality, you have to be careful not to hurt anyone's feelings.. Adults can brush it off, kids tend to be more sensitive.

surface

Executive Member
What concerned me more is that his friend knew its derogatory meaning at that age, so someone had to explain it to him in that context.
I hear you as my son started his first few sentences with "papa apple" etc.. but someone on the other side can up with "What concerned me more is that 4 year old knew to call another child a coconut, so someone had to explain it to him in that context." Just playing the other side - I am pretty sure kids say the darnedest things. :p

The_MAC

Executive Member
I hear you as my son started his first few sentences with "papa apple" etc.. but someone on the other side can up with "What concerned me more is that 4 year old knew to call another child a coconut, so someone had to explain it to him in that context." Just playing the other side - I am pretty sure kids say the darnedest things. :p
Gotcha, but would the reaction be the same if he called him an apple? Probably not.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Gotcha, but would the reaction be the same if he called him an apple? Probably not.
Not surprising, what negative connotations are linked to an apple? I am sure your son is the apple of your eye.

Last edited: