Adam Catzavelos arrives at court to answer for race video

Sollie

Expert Member
And some more. I am Gupta descendent just like you are verwoed one.
Nope. I know my ancestors. All the way back to when one hijacked Noah's ark up in Europe. He might have had a common forefather of Hitler though, but that only happened many generation later ;)

theratman

Executive Member
They are adding to the problem I described then. If everyone in South Africa don't identify as the nation they are a part of then wtf is the point of being here and having a nation if we have a permanent seperation between 1000 different groups who refuse to identify as unified countrymen.
Indeed, I completely agree with that.

schumi

Honorary Master
EFF says it is ready for video racist Adam Catzavelos

The party says they will attend his case at the Randburg Magistrate’s Court on Thursday.

The Economic Freedom Fighters in Gauteng said they would attend Adam Catzavelos’ racism case at the Randburg Magistrate’s Court on Thursday, June 13.
Catzavelos’ crimen injuria case was postponed last month to June 13 to allow the accused time to seek legal representation, the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) has said.
Catzavelos is appearing in the Randburg Magistrate’s Court on Thursday in relation to his comments while he was at a beach in Greece, where he used the K-word.
“We will be ready for him tomorrow at Randburg when he reappears before the magistrate’s court. The EFF will not rest until racism is defeated in our land,” the EFF said in a statement on Wednesday.

The charge was laid against Catzavelos by the chairperson of the EFF in Gauteng, Mandisa Mashego, following the video going viral last year.
More at: https://citizen.co.za/news/south-af...it-is-ready-for-video-racist-adam-catzavelos/

thechamp

Honorary Master
The crimen injuria case against businessman Adam Catzavelos was postponed on Thursday to allow his lawyer to make representations to the director of public prosecutions in Gauteng.
Catzavelos spoke to reporters outside the court, apologising for what he had said and said he was there to face consequences. "In my moment of madness that I had last year, I am completely embarrassed and utterly ashamed at what I did and what I said.

"I express my sympathy and sorrow to anyone whose dignity was harmed," Catzavelos said.
https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...y-ashamed-adam-catzavelos-on-his-k-word-rant/

ForceFate

Honorary Master
"In my moment of madness that I had last year, I am completely embarrassed and utterly ashamed at what I did and what I said."
I implore everyone here to please take note of what he was drinking that day and avoid it on your next visit to Greece.

skimread

Executive Member
Lawley Shein said Greek authorities had issued Catzavelos with a summons and they were awaiting a translation of the document so they could understand what they were attempting to prosecute him for.
How are they going to translate the k word to greek lingo.

Not a greaseball in sight?

These court proceedings should surely collapse in SA simply because of the jurisdiction issue.

Also I doubt he can get prosecuted in Greece - they have an actual neo-Nazi party in parliament IIRC.

National Prosecuting Authority spokesperson, Phindi Mjonondwane could not comment on the issue of jurisdiction, related to the fact that the crime was committed outside of South Africa's borders.

"At this point we will not be commenting on issues of jurisdiction up until it is challenged by the defence. We do not want to pre-empt what will be said when his legal team makes representations.

"Should the issue of jurisdiction form part of their representations, then the NPA will respond accordingly," she said.
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...rom-greek-authorities-lawyer-reveals-20190613