Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Adjusted Level 2 lockdown rules for South Africa — what you can and can't do

The Minister of Cooperative Governance and Corporate Affairs, Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, has published updated regulations for South Africa’s adjusted alert level 2 lockdown in the Government Gazette.

In a separate notice, Dlamini-Zuma also extended South Africa’s National State of Disaster by another month — to 15 October 2021.

Mekon

Expert Member
Not strange at all that at any adjusted level taxi operators are allowed to bundle 20 people into a cramped taxi.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
That thing will extend that forever....its a control instrument...
SA went from a democracy to a dictatorship in one stroke of the pen. I'd imagine they're secretly pleased at the low vaccination levels as it gives them an excuse not to open up the country again and relinquish the absolute control they currently have over their subjects.

mojoman

Not strange at all that at any adjusted level taxi operators are allowed to bundle 20 people into a cramped taxi.
So long as windows are open... :laugh: What happened to those fancypants screens they were making for the taxis?

R13...

Honorary Master
SA went from a democracy to a dictatorship in one stroke of the pen. I'd imagine they're secretly pleased at the low vaccination levels as it gives them an excuse not to open up the country again and relinquish the absolute control they currently have over their subjects.
They probably do enjoy the control and enjoyed it even more earlier during the pandemic with those inane briefings they used to hold and scold us. But even with that they do know their lockdowns are causing more harm than good. The virus is unfortunately rather real and harmful. So, their power plays are somewhat justified and I don't think even you believe that about vaccines.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
The alcohol thing makes zero sense, I can drink at the restaurant and drive home knackered, but I can't buy to drink at home. Brainless buffoons.
You can also stock up over the course of the previous five days, or buy at vendors not troubled by pesky regulations. It's about control.

markings

Expert Member
The alcohol thing makes zero sense, I can drink at the restaurant and drive home knackered, but I can't buy to drink at home. Brainless buffoons.
What bottle stores are open until 22h00? And do you buy your alcohol to drink at home at restaurants?

Craig_

Honorary Master
You can also stock up over the course of the previous five days, or buy at vendors not troubled by pesky regulations. It's about control.

Precisely. It makes no sense. Coming back from cape Town yesterday I went pass quite a few cars where the driver were either drunk, or brain dead. One old livina had the driver and passengers drinking beer straight from the bottle. Not a pig in sight.

Louis72

Expert Member
Rofl “Night clubs remain closed to the public” :ROFL:

Meanwhile ever single one that I know in PTA does business as per usual within curfew limits.

Last edited:

Meanwhile ever single one that I know exists in PTA does business as per usual within curfew limits.
Same in CT. Not in that age group to club anymore but colleagues with offspring in that age group say nightclubs have been open since middle of last year

Meanwhile ever single one that I know in PTA does business as per usual within curfew limits.

Night club is actually a specific designation in the liquor licensing. Allows opening till 4am and no food sales required, most places apply under the bar/restaurant category as a night club license is a huge pain to get approved.

The only 2 I know of in PTA currently is Presleys and Weiveld, they're both still closed.

shearder

I'd like to thank the terrorists for their input but I WILL DECIDE what I can and can't do..

Regards,
A Citizen (NOT A SUBJECT)

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur

Same in CT. Not in that age group to club anymore but colleagues with offspring in that age group say nightclubs have been open since middle of last year

I am so glad the one in Somerset West is still closed, been absolute heaven not hearing that doef doef kak on the weekends for 18 months