Adobe pushes for digital ads in cars

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
Adobe pushes for digital ads in cars

Adobe Systems Inc. has helped companies tackle digital marketing on computers and smartphones. Now, it wants the next key device: your car. New services unveiled Monday to help businesses analyze data from web-enabled autos thrust Adobe into competition with big rivals such as Alphabet Inc.’s Google, which provides software inside vehicles.

Thor

Honorary Master
Self driving cars taking the scenic(ad) route.

Tharaxis

Abso-****ing-lutely not. I do not need an advert playing from my car mid-drive or my GPS navigation suddenly being occluded by an advert that I have to dismiss. Adverts have never been user friendly, or unobtrusive. They ALWAYS (yes, always) detract from user experiences.

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
why don't they tattoo adverts on us? i wear glasses, so they can add a little projector that constantly projects a stream of ads on my glasses in a sort of "HUD" type way. adverts aren't intrusive enough, but i think my suggestions will take a stab at fixing that situation, because i don't know a single person who says "i wish i saw less advertising".

Thor

Honorary Master
why don't they tattoo adverts on us? i wear glasses, so they can add a little projector that constantly projects a stream of ads on my glasses in a sort of "HUD" type way. adverts aren't intrusive enough, but i think my suggestions will take a stab at fixing that situation, because i don't know a single person who says "i wish i saw less advertising".
I wish I saw less advertising

Spliffcat

Executive Member
They can stick their advertising where it fits best when they bend over.

creeper

Executive Member
I don't see the problem. Before it shows the ad, a pop-up will appear asking you to update Adobe Flash. Just ignore it. :D

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
I think that I shall never see
A billboard lovely as a tree
Indeed, unless the billboards fall,
I'll never see a tree at all.

konfab

Honorary Master
So the advertisers still don't benefit form them?

They get nailed by ad-nauseum because it makes them pay for advertising that has no effect. It would be analogous to paying for an advert in a newspaper that gets bought and thrown away without anyone reading it.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
They get nailed by ad-nauseum because it makes them pay for advertising that has no effect. It would be analogous to paying for an advert in a newspaper that gets bought and thrown away without anyone reading it.

And the site presenting the ads gets paid for clicks?

garyc

Expert Member
Who will pay for the bandwidth for these ads? (rhetorical question)

Xarog

Honorary Master
So the advertisers still don't benefit from them?

Or does the click generate revenue for the site?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...about-online-advertising-restoration-hardware

Of course, the implications to this admission that online advertising was either being gamed by bots, or generally underperforming were significant, as it jeopardized the future revenue streams of two of the biggest companies in the world, Alphabet (aka Google) and Facebook, both almost entirely reliant on online advertising. How long before other anchor names decided to similarly cut back on their online ad spending? In short: slowly but surely, chronic buyers online advertising space, are slowly waking up to the fact that "adtech" may be one of the biggest hype (and hope) bubbles in history. Not all of it, but a material, substantial portion: one that may be responsible for a significant chunk of Google's or Facebook's cash flow and market cap.

A separate, if just as concerning problem emerged last month, when the WSJ reported that online ad giant, Google, would issue refunds to advertisers for ads bought through its platform that ran on sites with fake traffic, and generated no actionable advertising "clicks." Just how much of Google's ad revenue (and thus profits and market cap) had been inflated over the years by said "fake ads"?

DIMpCgQUQAALSqi.jpg