• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Latest One-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Home Mini Smart Speaker and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.

Adsense Guide for South African Dummies by A Dummy

3lOH55A

Expert Member
Pretty neat was not aware they did this with commodo.

This works for the end user the same as the WHM let's encrypt plugin thou it's also ssl by default on all hosted sites for that WHM instance.
Few problems we had with let's encrypt.

1. It needs to be renewed every 3 months. In some cases it would just fail. Why it would that we couldn't figure out. We the had to delete the certificate and issue it again. this happened to various domains, randomly.

2. We had 2 cases where the client had to buy a ssl certificate as the let's encrypt one was not accepted for pci compliance. Am sure this will change soon.

Thor

Honorary Master
Few problems we had with let's encrypt.

1. It needs to be renewed every 3 months. In some cases it would just fail. Why it would that we couldn't figure out. We the had to delete the certificate and issue it again. this happened to various domains, randomly.

2. We had 2 cases where the client had to buy a ssl certificate as the let's encrypt one was not accepted for pci compliance. Am sure this will change soon.
That must have been on a ISP level I assume? Like your in the same line as domains, Hetzer etc.

Since I rented a WHM reseller package with the lets encrypt cpanel plugin and the certificate automatic reviewed (but I don't know what happened behind the schenes higher up)

^Does that make any sense?

3lOH55A

Expert Member
That must have been on a ISP level I assume? Like your in the same line as domains, Hetzer etc.
Was. Recently sold all hosting clients.

Since I rented a WHM reseller package with the lets encrypt cpanel plugin and the certificate automatic reviewed (but I don't know what happened behind the schenes higher up)

^Does that make any sense?
All our servers also ran the plugin. Not sure why it would happen that it would just fail to renew sometimes. We pretty much switched all domains to the CPanel ssl once it went live and we haven't had issues since.

Nonetheless. There is nothing wrong with let's encrypt, but if an ISP runs CPanel, why not just enable auto ssl that uses Comodo issued certificates? It's a good thing we seeing free ssl certificates becoming mainstream. Days are over having to pay for it, unless you need OV/EV validation.

Thor

Honorary Master
That is the best thing ssl everywhere!

Does make me feel less proud of my own personal site I use to see the https and think yes, oh yea baby that is gorgeous! *I am one of few.

Now I look and I am like... /meh longing for a time when the s was exotic.

Hey guys.. I've been waiting 3 months for a Google verfication code in the post to verfiy my physical address. Should it be taking this long? I can't withdraw my money from my adsense account as I need to verfiy my address first..

How long did it take to receive your code in the post ? I'm worried I will not receive it :(

Visser

Expert Member
Good setup guide. But can you give us an indication on what to blog about, how many to do and how to find key topics?
The post is old. I highly doubt you will make a lot of money with Adsense and a blog today. You will need thousands, if not tens of thousands, unique visitors to your site per day to make anything meaningful from Adsense. Your challenge would rather have to be to create a website that will attract this number of users per day and make them come back for more.