ADSL and fibre price cuts in South Africa: what the ISPs think

Dan C

Honorary Master
VOX please don't give me more data.... eish !!

Louis72

Wish Telkom can come out now and say what will happen to the fibre package prices? Will we get more data on softcap? or will there be monthly price reductions?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Afrihost is kark expensive.
For uncapped? Capped? Both?

At least they already made decisions. They quickly made the price cuts last time too, while others probably still are on their old prices from before the previous cut.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Afrihost managed to increase their profit margins. ****ing bravo Gian Visser and the gang.
Very nice to hear. I can only wish that their product were just as dandy. Right now my experience is that it's somewhat of a dog-show.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
If those are the cut prices, I'd hate to imagine what they were before :crylaugh:

Also what's with this tiered shaping thing, on FIBRE?

Marius Flash

Expert Member
Now waiting for Telkom to bump up my 4 Meg DSL line to a 6Meg line automatically from next month .......just because they can :p

Gimaru

Am I reading this too optimistically, or is there a chance that ADSL lines will be upgraded from 2mb to 4mb?

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Am I reading this too optimistically, or is there a chance that ADSL lines will be upgraded from 2mb to 4mb?
This is what I am also hoping.

I don't understand what effect this whole thing has on my line... I have a 2Mbps line with Web Africa... Does that mean I will get bumped up to 4Mbps?

ichigo

Executive Member
If I am on Openserve 10 Meg Fibre Uncapped will I be getting a price decrease or speed increase?