Dolby

Honorary Master
Nice!

I've just taken up my account and my budget is R800.00 which I'm pretty close to! A cut would be welcome

ajules

Expert Member
Can't believe I am actually saying this but......well done ICASA!

Toitjie

Expert Member
MWEB said:
MWEB customers can expect to benefit from the IPC price cuts. “With any previous price reductions we’ve usually ploughed the savings straight back into buying more capacity to ensure that MWEB customers continue to get the best ADSL experience in the country,” said Hershaw.

“We’ll look to do more of that this time around, but also pass something back to our customers on some of our products.”
Sad.

But none the less, awesome news

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Um, sorry... I see an announcement from ICASA... but where is the proof that Telkom is actually doing this/going to do this???
I don't see any announcement from Telkom??? :confused:

simbao53

Welcome Development! Now may the best ISP show us the best reduction!

I wannna see the 30% passed to me!

bekdik

Honorary Master
Um, sorry... I see an announcement from ICASA... but where is the proof that Telkom is actually doing this/going to do this???

Telkom will implement the directive immediately after losing the concort appeal to the high court appeal to the supreme court appeal to the magistrate court finding.

Budza

Executive Member
Telkom has slashed their ADSL IPConnect prices, and consumers can expect to benefit from lower data prices and better service levels

If the prices have been slashed, what are they? How do we know they've been 'slashed' if we don't have any new pricing?

K3NS31

Expert Member
If the prices have been slashed, what are they? How do we know they've been 'slashed' if we don't have any new pricing?

Read through the thread on Friday's article. Waroop gave a nice breakdown of the new pricing, although he did say it's unconfirmed.
(So you don't have to go through the whole thread - it was near the end.)

RaptorSA

Executive Member
I want a 20% price drop (10% being used by ISP's to increase service and capacity), analogue rental to be scrapped and Telkom to get the f*** going on upgrading exchanges to support 10Mb here in Randburg.
Then I'll start dishing out compliments.

K3NS31

Expert Member
I want a 20% price drop (10% being used by ISP's to increase service and capacity), analogue rental to be scrapped and Telkom to get the f*** going on upgrading exchanges to support 10Mb here in Randburg.
Then I'll start dishing out compliments.

You mean that's what you want for a START. Those are just bare minimum requirements.
We also need LLU and Bitstream. Then later, FTTH please.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
We all know how the real world works... Telkom tell ICASA what to do... not the other way around.