Advice for Continuing Studies

PseudZ

Expert Member
Hi all,

From 2007 to 2009 I was studying a National Diploma in IT awarded by UNISA. The first two years were at Northlink College and the 3rd year through UNISA itself.

While I was at Northlink, UNISA decided to phase out the course and ultimately 2009 was the last year to do the ND in IT on the old curriculum. Northlink didn't let us know this until we were well into the second year (I assume as to still enroll students.)

I did my third year and failed one module and was not allowed to get my ND. When asking UNISA about this they said I would have to do all three years over again as they wouldn't offer credits. This to me was a waste of time and money and I just left it, basically one module away from being qualified.

I would like to complete that diploma or similar now though. Does anyone have any ideas or advice of where I could do this without having to redo three years? I had a look at CPUT who seem to be the only ones who do a similar course but they are not correspondence learning and I work during the day.

I am not aware of all the institutions that might offer this.

Thanks very much!

xumwun

Expert Member
You should be able to get credits for a similar qualification.
That or apply for RPL.

PseudZ

Expert Member
I was told I can't get credits for any of the modules I had done. That's why I had to redo all three years.

That RPL looks promising though, not too sure how it works. I will definitely look into it though.

Thanks!