Advice from Discovery Health CEO for third wave - Lock yourself in your home and shop online

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Lock yourself in your home and shop online — Discovery Health CEO

Lock yourself up in your home and try to do all your shopping online. This is advice from Discovery Health CEO Dr Ryan Noach for people in Gauteng.

Noach said deadly infections in Gauteng are 30% higher than where they were in the prior peak. “We haven’t seen the likes of these infection numbers in Gauteng before,” he said.

The reason for the devastating third wave in the province is because Gauteng was one of the least affected provinces in the previous wave.

“We estimate that about 45% of Gauteng had been previously infected with Covid-19. In the Eastern Cape, for example, we estimate that over 90% had a previous Covid-19 infection,” said Noach.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
“We estimate that about 45% of Gauteng had been previously infected with Covid-19. In the Eastern Cape, for example, we estimate that over 90% had a previous Covid-19 infection,” said Noach.
Wouldn't really surprise me.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Did CEO forget Blue-Collar workforce? You know, the folks whose job it is to actually make things instead of pushing data about? The folks who need to pack, ship and deliver your online shopping? The folks who trench and repair the piping & cables that power your connective, and carries your shiit away?

What an ignorant cvnt.

krycor

Honorary Master
Might also explain why Gauteng is getting hit hard and the other provinces aren't yet...

The rest of the country has "herd immunity" /s

I think its a bit of that but also just weather resulting in herding in doors.. looking out the window here in Cpt.. yah watch out.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Gauteng is getting hit hard because nobody gives 2 sh!ts about masks and social distancing. Look around next time you are out.

See I don't live up in the big smoke so I have dunno that stuff.

Down in this neck of the woods people are generally all still mask wearing and being good little sheep.