Advice from Discovery Health CEO for third wave - Lock yourself in your home and shop online

B-1

Expert Member
You realise your narrative falls completely flat when there is a waiting period before you can claim.

Covid is a PMB condition - not much to be made there

Dumb and dumber?

Wait you mean I shouldn't have cancelled my car insurance because I have a drivers licence?

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Of course Discovery wants everyone to lock themselves at home and carry on paying their monthly premiums
If we all start dying now then Discovery is gonna lose a lot of customers and have to pay out a gazillion rands and some more

krycor

Honorary Master
You realise your narrative falls completely flat when there is a waiting period before you can claim.

Covid is a PMB condition - not much to be made there

Dumb and dumber?

I think in their life insurance business there are some claims but to date this wasnt significant. I wonder how the Gauteng wave has hit them.

Grubscrew

Expert Member
Lock yourself in your home and shop online — Discovery Health CEO

Lock yourself up in your home and try to do all your shopping online. This is advice from Discovery Health CEO Dr Ryan Noach for people in Gauteng.

Noach said deadly infections in Gauteng are 30% higher than where they were in the prior peak. “We haven’t seen the likes of these infection numbers in Gauteng before,” he said.

The reason for the devastating third wave in the province is because Gauteng was one of the least affected provinces in the previous wave.

“We estimate that about 45% of Gauteng had been previously infected with Covid-19. In the Eastern Cape, for example, we estimate that over 90% had a previous Covid-19 infection,” said Noach.
So he is saying we should have gotten it with the first infection and we would have been fine now?

Mekon

Expert Member
Did CEO forget Blue-Collar workforce? You know, the folks whose job it is to actually make things instead of pushing data about? The folks who need to pack, ship and deliver your online shopping? The folks who trench and repair the piping & cables that power your connective, and carries your shiit away?

What an ignorant cvnt.
He's not interested in those without health insurance. Just his flock, so urging them to stay home and not comprimise their funds should they have to pay out any claims.

surface

Honorary Master
He's not interested in those without health insurance. Just his flock, so urging them to stay home and not comprimise their funds should they have to pay out any claims.
Let us say you are CEO of discovery. What would you do ?

N@t3

hahaha with what money shall I shop online with? no work no pay baba.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
See I don't live up in the big smoke so I have dunno that stuff.

Down in this neck of the woods people are generally all still mask wearing and being good little sheep.
Except Ballito, anti vax and Karen central. Medical Boksburg

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
“We estimate that about 45% of Gauteng had been previously infected with Covid-19. In the Eastern Cape, for example, we estimate that over 90% had a previous Covid-19 infection,” said Noach.

If some of you still can't figure it out you deserve to live locked away. Permanently

neoprema

Executive Member
scaremongering/marketing to sell Health insurance,

you have an immune system, its the only protection you need.
Ebola and many other viruses would disagree. Our immune systems can’t fight everything, we need vaccines urgently.

Sorry if off topic but how has covid been for business ?
I'm sure I was OT first. Shameless plug however...

Short answer: eh

Long answer: level 5 was a disaster but has been OK since then. Being such a young small business and trying to expand it's a bit tough quantifying the impact.

It's all up in the air, not sure what changes do what! Fun times :)