Advice if you have to deal with VodaCom Customer Care

hugo247

Don't contact VodaCom's Customer Care. You have a higher and faster success rate on www.hellopeter.com

http://www.hellopeter.com/vodacom/complaints

From VodaCom's Customer Care I got for 30 days different statements, confirmations and nothing happened, even when Senior Sales Manager from the After Sales Division were involved.

On HelloPeter.com the issue got resolved quickly.

VodaCom's Customer Care can not be taken serious. The main reason of their existence is to entertain customers, not to solve problems or to make customers satisfied, that is what I was given to understand.

Last edited:

Beachless

Executive Member
Seems like most companies are heading this way, HelloPeter seem to matter these days to most SA companies.

ajax

Executive Member
If I need something special done, ocleroux (Voda rep) on this forum helps very very quickly.

hugo247

If I need something special done, ocleroux (Voda rep) on this forum helps very very quickly.

Maybe he can tell us why VodaCom's Customer Care is useless for VodaCom's customers?
customercare@vodacom.co.za and 0821950 was for me a waste of time. I also got telephone calls from them with confirmations, but nothing happened. Why do they repeatedly lie on the telephone? I mean, really, that is unacceptable.

VodacomData

Vodacom Representative
Company Rep
Maybe he can tell us why VodaCom's Customer Care is useless for VodaCom's customers?
customercare@vodacom.co.za and 0821950 was for me a waste of time. I also got telephone calls from them with confirmations, but nothing happened. Why do they repeatedly lie on the telephone? I mean, really, that is unacceptable.

Hi Guys

It's not fair to say that Customer care is useless , when you don't know what the stats are. It does not mean that if you or someone you know is not assisted quicker that other aren't.

There are more clients going through the correct channel of escalation (Customer care) then those going via Hellopeter.

zululami

Banned
Hi Guys

It's not fair to say that Customer care is useless , when you don't know what the stats are. It does not mean that if you or someone you know is not assisted quicker that other aren't.

There are more clients going through the correct channel of escalation (Customer care) then those going via Hellopeter.

Yes. I agree. I have dealt with those guys at customer care many times before! Been a customer for over ten years and not once have I recieved crappy service.

People, especially on this forum, like to make unfounded sweeping generalisations based on just one or two 'unfortunate' encounters! And it's unfair!!!

hugo247

I was more then ten times engaged with their Customer Service and all of the Agents lie to me. I'm pretty sure they don't only lie to me to to get rid of the Customer Request off the screen in the Contact (Call) Center. There is no quality behind VodaCom's Customer Service.

Ivanr

Expert Member
Hi Guys

Yes. I agree. I have dealt with those guys at customer care many times before! Been a customer for over ten years and not once have I recieved crappy service.

People, especially on this forum, like to make unfounded sweeping generalisations based on just one or two 'unfortunate' encounters! And it's unfair!!!

I am in full agreement with statements made by VodacomData and zululami - Well said:D

hugo247

I am in full agreement with statements made by VodacomData and zululami - Well said:D

Good for you!

If VodaCom's Customer Service is so good, I wonder why HelloPeter.com helps to resolve problems with them quicker than the direct way does.

I got two times a telephone call from VodaCom's Customer Service to tell me bull****. I requested an email of what has been dealt within the call. "No problem! Will send you an email to confirm it again." was the answer.

1. Nothing happened (no mail).
2. The verbally confimation (VodaCom extra called me) was a lie (which happened before already by an other Agent).

This is Africa and VodaCom's Customer Service operates like a third world company.

archibald

I understand that Vodacoms Customercare is in fact outsourched.I am having tremendous problems dealing
with them and one cant get a clear answer from them when an issue is raised.Eventually ones query ends up in the Back Office
and then the waiting game starts.

Slush-puppy

I also agree that the level of service has deteriorated tremendously.
since the start of 2016

-ussd codes not working to buy data or check your balance anymore on a contract

-the vodacom app is mostly not working at all or most of its functions

-calling customer care is just as useless just to hear "our systems is offline"

-Then get billed an huge amount because you were unable to monitor your data bundles usage

boxerulez

Expert Member
Hi Guys

But should all your customers not recieve the same level of service? Why does some get worse service than others?

Points to some staff in the callcentres being completely useless while some are skilled and it is purely luck of the draw.

In their defence the Data centre seems jacked up, general customer service not so much.

boxerulez

Expert Member
I understand that Vodacoms Customercare is in fact outsourched.I am having tremendous problems dealing
with them and one cant get a clear answer from them when an issue is raised.Eventually ones query ends up in the Back Office
and then the waiting game starts.

I know their sales is outsourced to a ****ty company that they own. And that was a nightmare to deal with. When I took my last contract with them, there was wrong deals loaded, then instead of correcting it, they just processed another deal with phone and simcard and dispatched it.

2 months later I had to inform them that they duplicated the phone delivery and they uplifted the extra S4. Should have just kept my mouth shut then I would still have a brand new s4 to counterbalance the shark attack they carried out on my wallet with oob charges.

neilronaldson

Or like us with Telkom, trying to phone and speak to someone is impossible, i got quick responses sending them messages on FB!!

i mean really???!!!

Social media works better than a telephone?

Slush-puppy

I am pleased to say that I used hellopeter to loge my problems with vodacom,and they contacted me and resolved my problems.:)

Normanvan

Have to agree on the poor customer care by Vodacom posts. I tried to complain about poor service at the Canal Walk branch this morning by phoning 082111 and was told by the consultant to complain on Vodacom's Facebook page as she only deals with sim swaps. I couldn't believe she said that. Does anyone maybe have the contact info of someone in Vodacom who actually cares about keeping customers?

Ruankoen121

Good for you!

If VodaCom's Customer Service is so good, I wonder why HelloPeter.com helps to resolve problems with them quicker than the direct way does.

I got two times a telephone call from VodaCom's Customer Service to tell me bull****. I requested an email of what has been dealt within the call. "No problem! Will send you an email to confirm it again." was the answer.

1. Nothing happened (no mail).
2. The verbally confimation (VodaCom extra called me) was a lie (which happened before already by an other Agent).

This is Africa and VodaCom's Customer Service operates like a third world company.
Not even hello peter helps it is like customer care is run by monkeys ,everyday someone new with a new story,not even social media manager can sort out a issue they are beyond useless