Advice on the Mecer M2A1R 27 144hz

PaulvZ

Compared to my other monitor, the ghosting test shows significant ghosting (and I could not tell at all if adjusting the response time options made any difference). However, I can't say I've really noticed this when using the monitor for games.

Running through the other tests, I've not picked up anything obviously problematic.

So, issues are ghosting (not very obvious in games, issues with adaptive sync in borderless window mode and some colour issues when moving (that labelled item is the correct colour in the screenshot, when running past it, it turns a deep red colour):

View attachment 609512
Thanks a lot for your time :)
the ghosting or smearing is nothing like in these two clips?
99% of VA panels will have this issue so if its kept to a minimum thats great.
as for the colour changing, how annoying would you rate it?

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I'd say the ghosting looks about the same as the Samsung clip, to be honest. But I am struggling to notice it in games / actual use. I'm not sure if this potato quality video helps:

Link (video on Google Drive).

The colour thing doesn't rustle my jimmies too much, and so far, I've only noticed it in one game.

PaulvZ

I'd say the ghosting looks about the same as the Samsung clip, to be honest. But I am struggling to notice it in games / actual use. I'm not sure if this potato quality video helps:

Link (video on Google Drive).

The colour thing doesn't rustle my jimmies too much, and so far, I've only noticed it in one game.
Wow! That is very good for a VA thats actually less black ghosting than the white ghosting that I get from my PLS monitor :eek: I don't know about the colour changing, but if its noticeable, think Ill have to see it in person to make up my mind or maybe just order it and worst case scenario not satisfied and lose a bit but for that price its definitely a steal even with the colour change. But thanks bro you're my hero for helping choose a new monitor.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I don't know if you can even see it here:

Link.

But that's the colour change (it's not blurry like that in real life, that's just my shitty phone and shaky hands)

PaulvZ

I believe thats just colour smearing, would be expected as its little text surrounded by red, believe wont really notice it in many scenarios, definitely not a deal breaker, that would be classified as a type of ghosting. Theres one last thing however I forgot to mention, colour banding, you can check for it here http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php

PaulvZ

Nothing majorly wrong with this monitor, solid deal. Wonder if that colour change might be helped with some calibration. But Enjoy the monitor :) hopefully I can order mine soon

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Nothing majorly wrong with this monitor, solid deal. Wonder if that colour change might be helped with some calibration. But Enjoy the monitor :) hopefully I can order mine soon
I'm happy to try out any advice wrt to calibration, etc. And yeah, this is a pretty solid deal, I reckon.

Isy7861

Hey, not sure if this is still live but I bought myself the exact same monitor from wootware and I'm willing to answer any questions you might have.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Hey, not sure if this is still live but I bought myself the exact same monitor from wootware and I'm willing to answer any questions you might have.
Hey, awesome, thanks.

Are you running with an Nvidia card? If so, are you running with G-Sync? If so, is it set to full screen, or both full screen and windowed? Are you experiencing any flickering under any circumstances?

Any noticeable issues with ghosting and/or colour shifting (not sure what to call the latter).

If you have a moment, read from here to the end of the thread, to see some explanation on the issues I am having.
What settings are you using on the monitor? Are you generally happy with it?

Isy7861

I can't run g sync as I dont have a 10 series card as for the other issues could you perhaps explain in more detail. I'm not too experienced with monitors

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I can't run g sync as I dont have a 10 series card as for the other issues could you perhaps explain in more detail. I'm not too experienced with monitors
An easy example is the at the bottom of this thread: Link

With my setup, those symbols basically vanish when I scroll up and down. Basically, there are various situations where contrast + motion make colours change (darken) and fade in and out.

Capture.JPG

Isy7861

An easy example is the at the bottom of this thread: Link

With my setup, those symbols basically vanish when I scroll up and down. Basically, there are various situations where contrast + motion make colours change (darken) and fade in and out.

View attachment 615342
Sorry for taking so long to reply but I went over to the link and tested to see what happens and the symbols don't vanish

Isy7861

Thanks a lot for your time :)
the ghosting or smearing is nothing like in these two clips?
99% of VA panels will have this issue so if its kept to a minimum thats great.
as for the colour changing, how annoying would you rate it?
these artifacts are not present whatsoever on the monitor

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Sorry for taking so long to reply but I went over to the link and tested to see what happens and the symbols don't vanish
Thank you very much for your input, just so we are clear, here's a video showing what I am experiencing:

blaaislaai

Executive Member
Can't comment on the 27" specifically, but I did buy the 32" Mecer monitor the other day: This one.
I'm looking at buying that 32" soon, coming from a 24" 144hz 1080p Asus

Any cons? I don't care about color, it's more for the smoothness in gaming, higher res and bigger screen in general :D

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I'm looking at buying that 32" soon, coming from a 24" 144hz 1080p Asus

Any cons? I don't care about color, it's more for the smoothness in gaming, higher res and bigger screen in general :D
I'd recommend reading from here to the end of the thread. I'm having some issues, but I'm still trying to figure out if it's peculiar to me and my setup or are general limitations / issues with the monitor.

Will you be running with G-Sync, using an Nvidia card?

cyberghost47

Also got the 32 inch from wootware, it arrived with 1 dead pixel. Contacted them and Mecer's warrenty policy does cover dead pixels. Sending it back tomorrow for replacement. Really happy about this as most other companies like DELL will only replace a monitor if it has 5+ dead pixels.

All and all the Mecer seems like a solid deal. Been using it for a couple of days now and I love it.