Advice Xperia Z3 or Huawei p9 lite

Hey guys, Happy holidays, hope yourll having a lovely time.

I just have a quick question, which would be a better option between a Sony Xperia Z3 (ex- flagship) or Huawei p9 lite going into 2019 on a short term basis?

I seen the comparison on Gsmarena but not familiar on overall usage/performance with one being the older Sd801 (quad core) & the other Kirin650 (octo core).

Would there be a big difference between them?

Thanks

MR.C

Expert Member
Make sure which model of p9 lite it is, 2gb ram or 3gb ram.
The Xperia is 3gb so if the Huawei is 2gb ram, then go for the Sony.

If only for a few months then settle on the cheaper phone

Sumen

Expert Member
Hey guys, Happy holidays, hope yourll having a lovely time.

I just have a quick question, which would be a better option between a Sony Xperia Z3 (ex- flagship) or Huawei p9 lite going into 2019 on a short term basis?

I seen the comparison on Gsmarena but not familiar on overall usage/performance with one being the older Sd801 (quad core) & the other Kirin650 (octo core).

Would there be a big difference between them?

Thanks
Is there any price difference ?

In terms of performance the Z3 is still ever so slightly better.

But you won't get the fingerprint scanner.
So the older Snapdragon 801 quad core still manages to better the octa core K650? & in terms of gpu, does the quad or octa core make a difference to the gpu performance?

Thanks again

Sumen

Expert Member
So the older Snapdragon 801 quad core still manages to better the octa core K650? & in terms of gpu, does the quad or octa core make a difference to the gpu performance?

Thanks again
The 4 cores in SD 801 are all clocked at higher speeds than the 8 cores in Kirin 650.
In terms of GPU the Kirin 650 has a much faster GPU than the SD801;

The 4 cores in SD 801 are all clocked at higher speeds than the 8 cores in Kirin 650.
In terms of GPU the Kirin 650 has a much faster GPU than the SD801;
So effectively its a trade off between the speed of the chips & the gpu for either device.

Besides for cosmetic reason, in your opinion (in general) would the z3 be worth it over the p9 lite?

Sumen

Expert Member
So effectively its a trade off between the speed of the chips & the gpu for either device.

Besides for cosmetic reason, in your opinion (in general) would the z3 be worth it over the p9 lite?
In my opinion the Z3 would be worth it, it was a flagship , it costs double what the p9 lite cost mean more money has been spent on the configuration of the display and camera software.

In my opinion the Z3 would be worth it, it was a flagship , it costs double what the p9 lite cost mean more money has been spent on the configuration of the display and camera software.
Thanks for the assistance, much appreciated.