Afraid for his life, Durban pastor attacks neighbour’s drone

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
There was a guy in Gordon's Bay who also checked for water leaks at everyone's home but his own. As far as I know he was caught, said he was doing it for the local security company which wasn't the case and I don't know much more of this. Some people are just too curious for their own good, some regard peeking on others as their civil duty...

Yeah, checking for a water leak through your neighbour's window is highly questionable. I guess the drone operator was caught with his pants down.

Temujin

Executive Member

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Would like to hear what the lawyery type manager (judge) will have to say on this

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Would like to hear what the lawyery type manager (judge) will have to say on this
https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-in-south-africa/

General Rules for Flying a Drone in South Africa
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in South Africa.
  • Drones may not be flown 10 kilometers (6 miles) or closer to an airport without special permission from the SACAA.
  • Drones weighing more than 7 kilograms (15.4 pounds) may not be flown.
  • Drones may not be flown within 50 meters (164 feet) of people or private property (without permission from the property owner).
  • Drone pilots must maintain a visual line of contact with their drones at all times while in flight.
  • Drones may only be flown during daylight hours.
  • And according to the SANPark website, “The use of drones inside (and over) our national parks is strictly prohibited.”
As far as I know for point 3, you require explicit permission from the local authority and property owner, it also applies to people, roads and buildings.

Gnome

Executive Member
Sounds like the Pastor's neighbor needs a good PK.

Boundary wall thing already made the situation clear. He lost because he wasn't following the rules but like a typical sociopath that always blames other decided that the other person is obviously in the wrong and therefore should continue to bear the brunt of his c#ntish behavior.

Overall don't see this going well for said drone owner.