AfriForum has withdrawn private prosecution of prominent businessman accused of child rape - NPA

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Not like there's any good reason why they should have learnt about it earlier, I don't see the big deal.
Just odd that the media is posting about it now. I don’t believe the prosecution was ‘withdrawn’ in a legal sense, but it was put on record three months ago that the mother doesn’t want to continue in the prosecution. In essence, the mother wants to withdraw her testimony. I see they used the term, “citing”, which would be the statement on record. Seeing that the court order is prohibiting anything to be said within the public realm I could assume that the case is either sealed or still alive.

You need to ask why the media is asking questions, and why are they asking the NPA? Did the NPA approach the media or did the media approach the NPA?

upup

Executive Member
Hope his name is out there somewhere. I know innocent until proven guilty and all that but being accused of raping a 3 year old is on another level.
I worked with a man who raped his 18 day old son. People ask me where they can get hold of him, wanted to teach him some stuff. I knew him well and fell sorry for him, he did went to jail, he died in jail with a heart attack. But I can imaging if some big man did such things with myself, it could have change my life very bad.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
I worked with a man who raped his 18 day old son. People ask me where they can get hold of him, wanted to teach him some stuff. I knew him well and fell sorry for him, he did went to jail, he died in jail with a heart attack. But I can imaging if some big man did such things with myself, it could have change my life very bad.
Apart from the mushroom speak that is a shocking story o_O