AfriForum said that it was suing Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi for defamation.

ponder

Honorary Master
His record as an MEC of education in Gauteng.
The guy is a race baiter and schit stirrer of note & feels fokol about the consequences.

5 min of collecting news articles from a google search will yield lots of different incidents, he's even had his ass handed to him by the courts.

Last edited:

Bewlen

Yes, this is from when there was a reshuffling, before he was brought back by popular demand.

Ok I read the article, but I do not see any notable achievements?

From the article:
"To leave office knowing that almost 15% of township schools got 100% in matric ... which means they wrote the same exam as children in private schools but they scored 100% and some private schools scored 70%.
"It's something that I cherish to say, at least, we've demonstrated that given time, skills, talent and resources, we can change township education," he said.
This is not an achievement. This is accepting mediocrity.

I do recall seeing Lesufi in the headlines many times, mainly when attending to crises or letting 'ole afrikaans whitey have it (how dare they have their own schools!). That's about it.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Ok I read the article, but I do not see any notable achievements?

From the article:

This is not an achievement. This is accepting mediocrity.

I do recall seeing Lesufi in the headlines many times, mainly when attending to crises or letting 'ole whitey have it. That's about it.
Of course, I wasn't under any illusions that we will agree on his achievements or if you were really interested in his achievements, you see what you want to see.

Last edited:

surface

Executive Member
Of course, I wasn't under any illusions that we will agree on his achievements or if you were really interested in his achievements, you see what they want to see.
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz was only 29 when he invented calculus independently. You know how it goes. And Barnard did first heart to heart transplant. It is difficult to appreciate other achievements when you got these in your blood.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Of course, I wasn't under any illusions that we will agree on his achievements or if you were really interested in his achievements, you see what they want to see.
But what specifically did Panyaza do that enabled that 100% pass rate in those schools? We need to know those to see if they are his achievements, or happened regardless of the things he has done.

thechamp

Honorary Master
But what specifically did Panyaza do that enabled that 100% pass rate in those schools? We need to know those to see if they are his achievements, or happened regardless of the things he has done.
I bet if he came in and the standards dropped you wouldn't be here wondering if it was because of him or if it happened regardless of what he has done.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I bet if he came in and the standards dropped you wouldn't be here wondering if it was because of him or if it happened regardless of what he has done.
Well you can take that brush and go and paint your generalisations elsewhere actually.

Whatever movement happens within the education space in Gauteng (both positive or negative) would not be down to him automatically. It would be about what policies he has tried to implement that he would be judged on. So what has he done specifically that has led to the increase in education quality in Gauteng?

thechamp

Honorary Master
Well you can take that brush and go and paint your generalisations elsewhere actually.

Whatever movement happens within the education space in Gauteng (both positive or negative) would not be down to him automatically. It would be about what policies he has tried to implement that he would be judged on. So what has he done specifically that has led to the increase in education quality in Gauteng?
I wouldn't bothered enough to list for your whatever policies he implemented that specifically resulted in the improvement of education in Gauteng, fact is Gauteng education saw an improvement under him, whether you want are willing to attribute that to his leadership it's up to you, but we all know how it works on this forum, if things fall apart it is always the ANC's fault, why are we now confused who to thank for the success when things go well?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Yes, this is from when there was a reshuffling, before he was brought back by popular demand.

Listing "being proud of what you did" as an achievement is right up there with the purchased diplomas and awards adorning the walls of so many of our politicians...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I wouldn't bothered enough to list for your whatever policies he implemented that specifically resulted in the improvement of education in Gauteng, fact is Gauteng education saw an improvement under him, whether you want are willing to attribute that to his leadership it's up to you, but we all know how it works on this forum, if things fall apart it is always the ANC's fault, why are we now confused who to thank for the success when things go well?
Without knowing the policies and such, one cannot make the connection that Panyaza is the person responsible for the improvement...

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz was only 29 when he invented calculus independently. You know how it goes. And Barnard did first heart to heart transplant. It is difficult to appreciate other achievements when you got these in your blood.
What are you suggesting or are you too pussy to say it?