AfriForum said that it was suing Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi for defamation.

Tman*

Expert Member
Its pretty clear that Lesufi loves to play identity politics ONLY for personal gain & favor within in the ruling party. The result is dividing black and white even further and its disgusting.

Solarion

Honorary Master
This stems from allegations that Lesufi made last year that the organisation was trying to assassinate him.
Nobody wants to kill you Lesufi.

Nobody could ever replace this level of entertainment. We need you here.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Listing "being proud of what you did" as an achievement is right up there with the purchased diplomas and awards adorning the walls of so many of our politicians...
What about this, good enough to be listed as an achievement?

Sinbad

Honorary Master

Pegasus

Expert Member

Pegasus

Expert Member
You do realise he is a provincial MEC, right?
I got this quote from the article you posted:

Lesufi said: "The results of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) of the Class of 2019 demonstrate that we are a maturing, stable and improving provincial education system.

3WA

Executive Member
Guys, Panyaza's record is great.

By great, I mean “better than Eastern Cape and Limpopo“.

thechamp

Honorary Master
I got this quote from the article you posted:

Lesufi said: "The results of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) of the Class of 2019 demonstrate that we are a maturing, stable and improving provincial education system.
Yes, and? Do I become a national minister if I say the same words?

thechamp

Honorary Master
Guys, Panyaza's record is great.

By great, I mean “better than Eastern Cape and Limpopo“.
Even better than the most well run province in the country last time I checked? Why is it so hard for you guys to give credit where it's due?

thechamp

Honorary Master
Nope.
44% is dismal, and we know it was obtained by lowering the requirements over time.
Yet this dismal 44% seemingly eludes everyone besides Panyaza, but he is somehow the most terrible education MEC in the whole land?

Pegasus

Expert Member
Yes, and? Do I become a national minister if I say the same words?
Im trying to help here.
If we can figure out what his KPI’s are, then we can show how he achieved those and also how he shot the lights out.

3WA

Executive Member
Even better than the most well run province in the country last time I checked? Why is it so hard for you guys to give credit where it's due?
Because the whole education system is schit. To be the best province, is to be the best out of nine things that are all schit. Only 95% of all schools in Gauteng get textbooks delivered. How do you even get that right? How do you miss 5% of schools in the smallest province? You can drive to every school here in a week.

Panyaza is fine because he doesn't steal, and if he were to be fired the replacement could easily be a crook, but to say he's good at his job is pushing it. He should bank his salary, stay away from trying to do his job, and stick to confusing the old and new flags.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Im trying to help here.
If we can figure out what his KPI’s are, then we can show how he achieved those and also how he shot the lights out.
KPIs? Since when do we care about that? Do we ask about KPIs of the minister responsible for Eskom before frothing at the mouth about load shedding?

Bewlen

Of course, I wasn't under any illusions that we will agree on his achievements or if you were really interested in his achievements, you see what you want to see.
While I enjoy a round of "no you no you" as much as the next guy, this ain't it. Is that the sole metric that you measure (the 15% thing)? I'm actually not being facetious. Tell me what he has done, other than agitating afrikaans schools (which has won him a LOT of support), and talking the talk when there is a crisis. I'm willing to be convinced that he has walked the walk.