AfriForum said that it was suing Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi for defamation.

Flanders

Honorary Master
While I enjoy a round of "no you no you" as much as the next guy, this ain't it. Is that the sole metric that you measure (the 15% thing)? I'm actually not being facetious. Tell me what he has done, other than agitating afrikaans schools (which has won him a LOT of support), and talking the talk when there is a crisis. I'm willing to be convinced that he has walked the walk.
Certainly not walking the walk when there is a crisis. Attempting to neck this motorist while touching everything within reach?

dj2381

Expert Member
While I enjoy a round of "no you no you" as much as the next guy, this ain't it. Is that the sole metric that you measure (the 15% thing)? I'm actually not being facetious. Tell me what he has done, other than agitating afrikaans schools (which has won him a LOT of support), and talking the talk when there is a crisis. I'm willing to be convinced that he has walked the walk.
This is an achievement for those in the ANC, maybe this is what he means, who knows.

Pegasus

Expert Member
KPIs? Since when do we care about that? Do we ask about KPIs of the minister responsible for Eskom before frothing at the mouth about load shedding?
When you hire someone for a job, there is usually a reason for that.
For example, there may be certain tasks that this person is expected to perform for some sort of remuneration.

So I’m wondering what these tasks would be for an Education MEC.
As you have pointed out, raising the standard of education would not be one of them.

You claim he was an excellent performer, but you’re not actually able to say what it is he did.
So I’m trying to help you explain what that is.

If you have nothing it’s ok.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Even better than the most well run province in the country last time I checked? Why is it so hard for you guys to give credit where it's due?
Us "guys" give credit where its due, hence the reason this clown is not getting any. Habe you seen how many of "us guys" praise Tito?

Where will you take the goal posts now?

Craig

Honorary Master
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz was only 29 when he invented calculus independently. You know how it goes. And Barnard did first heart to heart transplant. It is difficult to appreciate other achievements when you got these in your blood.
You are a sad person if your biggest achievements in life is something someone else did that happens to have the same skin colour than you. Some would even call it pathetic. Like me, I'd call that pathetic.