AfriForum's own power company on the horizon

I do not think Afriforum will build or develop anything useful. Where were they 12 years ago when all these problems started? By now they should have been busy building at least 4 consecutive coal units and would almost have been half-way building it. Half-way towards saving the country from collapse. But no, nothing was built. They cannot stop the collapse. It will happen, no matter what they try and do. Back then we all knew we had to build our own and get it out of governments' control.
To be fair only recently has government relaxed private power regulations enough to start making things viable…

Also I will not be even slightly surprised if a lot of government officials buy shares in this power company lol.

Where were you, and what did you build 12 years ago?

I was around, even 25 years ago, when I started realizing people are eating cake. Back then I became so busy getting my money out of the country, investments out of the country, selling off assets, registering businesses abroad, opening bank accounts abroad, turning my local businesses into Dollar generating businesses. To be honest, I did not have any chance to build power stations and fight this corrupt government in courts to get this power out of their hands, and in fact, since no one else was interested in it, I actually had no other interest than protecting my own interests.

I was around, even 25 years ago, when I started realizing people are eating cake. Back then I became so busy getting my money out of the country, investments out of the country, selling off assets, registering businesses abroad, opening bank accounts abroad, turning my local businesses into Dollar generating businesses. To be honest, I did not have any chance to build power stations and fight this corrupt government in courts to get this power out of their hands, and in fact, since no one else was interested in it, I actually had no other interest than protecting my own interests.
Not a big fan of Ubuntu then.

The civil rights organization AfriForum is making plans to set up its own power company, but believes that it cannot solve the ongoing power crisis alone.

With the assistance of private expertise and capital, AfriForum hopes to establish an energy company that leaves electricity supply out of the government's hands.

"It has become clear that our hope for the future does not lie in the hands of Eskom or the government, but in our own," says Kallie Kriel, CEO of AfriForum.

"The solution is therefore to involve the private sector to start an independent power supplier."
Not a fan of their organization--- however... elke bietjie help/ all hands on deck... vibe

Nice, they can start in the Western Cape. Even tho I don't live there the people deserve a better Eskom than what the ANC can provide destroy that others have provided before them..

Orania has started getting off the grid:

"To get Orania totality off the grid we need approximately 4 to 5 Megawatts bigger plant. Maybe not as big at this stage because we plan to use Eskom at night. At the moment it is from 6am to 10 pm so we don't have to build 4 to 5 Megawatts right now."

The Afrikaner-only town, Orania, in the Northern Cape is generating its own power supply. With the country currently battling rolling blackouts, residents in Orania hope to be independent from Eskom in the next five years.

The town has completed phase one of its renewable energy plans, which generates more than 20% of the town’s electricity demands.

This is a very welcome announcement from a highly capable and respectable organization, it seems like they are looking at creating small scale pebble bed modular reactors which could then use the exiting grid to sell power onwards. As far as I know a lot of expertise in developing this technology (the people) are still in SA.

Good luck building your own grid. Because if you do not build your own grid then this won`t work. The state grid is compromised and will forever be in state control, so this little project is doomed.
Isnt there a plan to unbundle Eskom into transmission, generation etc? Then it might be easier to have an independent grid system and have all power suppliers feed into it like the Americans do (not Texas).

Isnt there a plan to unbundle Eskom into transmission, generation etc? Then it might be easier to have an independent grid system and have all power suppliers feed into it like the Americans do (not Texas).
De Reyter was supposed to do that and split eskom into 3 because that was apparently one f his strengths. But failed.

The unions moan and burn stuff the police stand back and let it happen and we sit in the dark.

Who in his right mind would invest in a grid where criminals have now learned to plunder with no consequence? The only thing that can work is very small scale projects where security is enforced. Larger grids become problematic in terms of security. If only electricity could be supplied wirelessly.

Well done, you should be OK then.
Why are you always belching fire and brimstone in your posts though? :unsure:

Where were you, and what did you build 12 years ago?
Probably too busy irritating everyone in real life with his apparent know-it-all and constant negativity before he discovered MyBB. He even manages to be negative about positive things like this. As if it was Afriforum's obligation to sort out Eskom's mess 12 years ago...
I bet they will just supply white communities..that's what I've heard around here...
:laugh:
They should have the right to refuse to supply it to anyone who votes or has ties to the ANC. Add the EFF and BLF too.

Back