Afrihost and Axxess acquisition deal details

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Once it all is said and done, will this mean that I can buy an Axxess voucher at any Engen and use that to top up my Afrihost account? :D

McGuywer

Executive Member
Why would they want to keep the brands separate?

Wouldn't it make more sense for Afrihost to swallow up Axxess?

snobee

God help us all if Vox buys Afrihost.

+1
I guess this is just MHO, but besides other ISP's, I am a Vox Datapro user for many years (ADSL, Mail, leased line). As much as I can say they have provided a generally stable service, do not expect them to be thinking about giving extra to the customer. They are slow to bring down prices and really milk older packages even when others haved revamped their packages to make them more attractive to customers.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Clarification: I have spoken to the management at Afrihost and there will definitely be no staff cuts or management changes at Axxess. Afrihost made it clear that throughout their deal they made certain that the staff at Axxess will be safe and that there will be no job losses.

McGuywer

Executive Member
Clarification: I have spoken to the management at Afrihost and there will definitely be no staff cuts or management changes at Axxess. Afrihost made it clear that throughout their deal they made certain that the staff at Axxess will be safe and that there will be no job losses.

Well done Afrihost. Always a bad time for an employee during a take over.
Let them sleep peacefully again.

Necuno

Court Jester

Any word on how the current product ranges is going to be handled.

MickeyD

RIP
I think that this is not the end but the beginning of the ISP buyout action. The smaller ISPs are going to struggle to compete; some are already struggling and have become buyout targets.

VioAdmin

Expert Member
I think that this is not the end but the beginning of the ISP buyout action. The smaller ISPs are going to struggle to compete; some are already struggling and have become buyout targets.

*Nods in agreement*

czc

Honorary Master

Just that I never though of Axxess as 'small'.

Saajid

Expert Member
Can't wait for the day when someone buys that piece of junk called Cybersmart. Hope it will be Afrihost that buys them, and I hope that they will axe its CEO, Mr Fail-kov. then Afrihost will get access to more IPC capacity, and will have a presence in Cape Town. They would need to dissolve the Cybersmart brand though. That little piggy is sickening, and represents Mr. Fail-kov's attitude towards customers.

Currently I think they should dissolve the Axxess brand completely and integrate its products. Axxess don't have the best looking or most user friendly website. Pretty sure Afrihost's are the best, second only perhaps to WebAfrica. But then WebAfrica are generally more expensive...

Johan449

Guess its time to shop for a new ISP again...

Theres a reason I left Afrihost for Axxess!

Afrihost's letters of account terminations for violating their policies is ridiculous.
Before I get flamed here's the background:

Employee x sends a funny email (onsite hosted servers) to a friend with a Yahoo email.
Her friend flags it as a spam email (Yes, we can have a whole debate over that friendship :)
Yahoo moans to IS who moans to Afrihost and Afrihost gave us their letter of account suspension until we can prove what we did to remedie the problem.

End result is our employee gets a written final warning since the company cannot afford to be without internet for even a few hours.

Needless to say I convinced the directors to switch ISP's.
I think Afrihost have lost a lot of customers over the years for exactly this type of behavior.

Now it seems another switch is coming...

Dnigma

Guess its time to shop for a new ISP again...

Theres a reason I left Afrihost for Axxess!

Afrihost's letters of account terminations for violating their policies is ridiculous.
Before I get flamed here's the background:

Employee x sends a funny email (onsite hosted servers) to a friend with a Yahoo email.
Her friend flags it as a spam email (Yes, we can have a whole debate over that friendship :)
Yahoo moans to IS who moans to Afrihost and Afrihost gave us their letter of account suspension until we can prove what we did to remedie the problem.

End result is our employee gets a written final warning since the company cannot afford to be without internet for even a few hours.

Needless to say I convinced the directors to switch ISP's.
I think Afrihost have lost a lot of customers over the years for exactly this type of behavior.

Now it seems another switch is coming...

It always fascinates me how people will complain about a company following industry standards when it does not suit them, but just let the company not follow industry standards and something really bad happens to the client, then it is the company's fault. Seems like a lose-lose situation for the company.

What one does not realise is that if an ISP does not act on a spam violation, they risk having IP addresses or even their entire IP range blocked, which would be detrimental to not only the company but every one of their clients.

Just saying!