Afrihost APN on MTN Post Paid/TopUp Contract

dryburn.macbook

How does one put the "afrihost" APN on a MTN contract SIM?

I know this has been asked before, but im sure a new thread will help a lot for other users.

dryburn.macbook

I've followed this forum from post 1.

My question: Once I get the AFRIHOST sim card, I will use it in my mifi device. Can I also, at the same time, use an APN on another MTN contract sim in order to use my AFRIHOST 5GB of data simultaneously?

You can yes. The MiFi device can handle up to 8 devices connected via WiFi. Along with this though, you can use the APN if you're using an MTN contract. The APN's will be available for use shortly after the public Mobile launch on the 3rd September.

clarification please

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Hi guys

I hope I can provide some clarity around this.
The APN will only be available for use on mobile devices (use without the MiFi device) after our official launch on the 3rd September. From there you'll need to sign-up for a data package that will provision your number you're using on your mobile/ device to use the APN.

Hope that makes sense :)

Venomous

Honorary Master
Hi guys

The APN will only be available for use on mobile devices (use without the MiFi device) after our official launch on the 3rd September. From there you'll need to sign-up for a data package that will provision your number you're using on your mobile/ device to use the APN.

Does that mean that, post 3 Sept, if we sign up for a data contract, we can use that 2/5GB shared between the mifi and our mobile phones?

froot

Honorary Master
Hi guys

Does that mean that, post 3 Sept, if we sign up for a data contract, we can use that 2/5GB shared between the mifi and our mobile phones?

To me it sounds more like we can get a 5GB package for "our MTN contract phone", but the 5GB cannot be shared with another device?

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep

For now, you won't be able to share the data between different devices, numbers or sims.
So post 3 September you can purchase data and assign it to the number you want to use it on :)

Venomous

Honorary Master
To me it sounds more like we can get a 5GB package for "our MTN contract phone", but the 5GB cannot be shared with another device?

Yeah.....

But from what I keep reading here, it seems people would like to share the APN between at least 2 devices(yes, more devices can connect to the mifi). It is not always conveniant to cart the mifi with, especially for work as it is more than 8 hrs you are out...

Venomous

Honorary Master
For now, you won't be able to share the data between different devices, numbers or sims.
So post 3 September you can purchase data and assign it to the number you want to use it on :)

So 1 contract = 1 APN = 1 3G/HSDPA/.... Connection

froot

Honorary Master
So 1 contract = 1 APN = 1 3G/HSDPA/.... Connection

Yeah.....

But from what I keep reading here, it seems people would like to share the APN between at least 2 devices(yes, more devices can connect to the mifi). It is not always conveniant to cart the mifi with, especially for work as it is more than 8 hrs you are out...

True, and that's what we want, but essentially the provider would lose money - it's like buying a 100GB cap because it's cheaper than 20x5GB caps, and then giving 20 people 5GB each.

For now yes.

Thanks AfriGuy :)

Venomous

Honorary Master
True, and that's what we want, but essentially the provider would lose money - it's like buying a 100GB cap because it's cheaper than 20x5GB caps, and then giving 20 people 5GB each.

Thanks AfriGuy :)
I for one would not hand the details to 20 people. But having the convenience of splitting it with the mifi/data sim and my mobile phone will be conveniant in terms of less number of bills.

Also easy to control for SPs. Allow access by their data sim and the number you list on your account.

Meaning you can't share with your buddies, but you will have net where EVER you go, permitting there is 3G signal... & you have remaining data.

dillydog

APN on any contract?

Hello,

Can you confirm if the data will work on an MTN contract but Nashua Mobile is my service provider?

Thanks

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Hello,

Can you confirm if the data will work on an MTN contract but Nashua Mobile is my service provider?

Thanks

As long as you have a post-paid contract on the MTN network, you should be able to access the APN. Just not on Prepaid products.

w1tw0lf

Expert Member
Signed up this morning. Any idea how long it would take? On clientzone it shows as active and order placed. Also got email saying that it has been submitted to mtn for activation.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Signed up this morning. Any idea how long it would take? On clientzone it shows as active and order placed. Also got email saying that it has been submitted to mtn for activation.

It'll take a few days for the order process to run through it's steps. Updates are available via ClientZone though :)

Exaelea

Said in big red letters that it takes up to 72 hours when you go through the APN signup process

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Said in big red letters that it takes up to 72 hours when you go through the APN signup process

Yep, it can take up to 72 hours fro MTN to provision the SIM to access our APN. Please don't try to use the APN before we confirm it's ready, as your device may default to your cellular provider's APN (and big bills will result)

M@gn3t1c

So happy with my package so far, I registered for the APN product as well! Great service all round for me. Thank you Afrihost.