Afrihost APN on MTN Post Paid/TopUp Contract

dillydog

MMS

Hello all I am also on the APN and so far the service is great, however it seems to break MMS funtionality, This may not be a big deal for some because of Whatsapp and co, but it seems to break the receive also...This can pose a problem as some people still need to receive mms from security camera's etc.

I have logged the call with Afrihost

Thanks

yebocan

Honorary Master
Hello all I am also on the APN and so far the service is great, however it seems to break MMS funtionality, This may not be a big deal for some because of Whatsapp and co, but it seems to break the receive also...This can pose a problem as some people still need to receive mms from security camera's etc.

Thanks

Odd MMS, uses MTN MMS APN...check under your messaging settings that you have it set to the MMS APN...not to the AFRIHOST...MMS APN is for MMS only....

vicv

Expert Member

Thanks

+1

GPS

@Afriperson I got my MTN APN working while my clientzone is still at Stage 2/4 (requesting mtn) :wtf:

I'm also stuck at stage 2. What APN do you use for Afrihost?

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
@Afriperson I got my MTN APN working while my clientzone is still at Stage 2/4 (requesting mtn) :wtf:

Just please make sure you are on our APN, as your device could be defaulting to your Mobile carrier's APN.

Having said that, I think we may have provisioned the initial signups early, so it may be working. But best to wait for the confirmation if you're not sure :)

dillydog

Yes

Odd MMS, uses MTN MMS APN...check under your messaging settings that you have it set to the MMS APN...not to the AFRIHOST...MMS APN is for MMS only....

Yep that was corrent, I think I may have solved this...My previous MTN MMS APN had an APN name of Internet which was my default APN...I resubscribed to the MTN MMS Service by dialing *123*12# I then received a new APN that looked identical except the APN had changed from internet to myMTN....

My MMS is now working again

diabolus

Executive Member
Easiest to confirm is to check usage on your account in clientzone. If data is being used...

vicv

Expert Member
Just please make sure you are on our APN, as your device could be defaulting to your Mobile carrier's APN.

Having said that, I think we may have provisioned the initial signups early, so it may be working. But best to wait for the confirmation if you're not sure :)

Clientzone shows IP and used data so is on Afrihost APN. Status just needs updating

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep

It takes 72 hours to provision the SIM. When did you place the order?

Lino

I am back
PS going to root my phone so I can remove my normal MTN APN

charlh

Isnt the R99 for 2GB a 24 month contract thing? I am not aware of that pricing on a month to month bundle?

Correct. It is a 24 month contract. Currently I am paying R149. But it is due for an upgrade right now after which will be R99p/m

Michaelbro

Please help me , My Afrihost sim works in the mifi device but I cant seem to get it to work in a xperia Tablet. What must I do to get it working. It says its connected to MTN but and data is enabled but nothing works .

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Please help me , My Afrihost sim works in the mifi device but I cant seem to get it to work in a xperia Tablet. What must I do to get it working. It says its connected to MTN but and data is enabled but nothing works .

If the SIM is in the tablet have you configured the APN?
Does the tablet work while connected to the MiFi device?

MrMocs

Is it just me when on the Afrihost APN my LTE does not work but it works fine in the MTN APN

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Is it just me when on the Afrihost APN my LTE does not work but it works fine in the MTN APN

Only our Nano SIMs are LTE compatible at this stage.
Which package/ SIM do you have?