Afrihost APN on MTN Post Paid/TopUp Contract

razer1980

Try using the APN. It should work long before they let you know the number is provisioned

Tried, but still not working. They called me this morning to say they resubmitted my number for provisioning and that i must give it ANOTHER 72 hours! WTF? They already deducted the money, but I can't use the data!

From what I heard about Afrihost and their service, I was keen to sign up. Now I'm regretting it a bit...:confused:

yebocan

Honorary Master
Sorry if its been asked before, but if I have a monthly data bundle that came with my contract, and I load the afrihost onto my aim as well, which will it use first and will I have to switch APNs or will this be automatic? Ideally I would like to use the afrihost first then go onto the bundle my contract came with (as this data can carry forward)

You have to swop between the APNs, so which ever APN you have selected on your device, that allocated data will be utilised.

Looney

Executive Member
Tried, but still not working. They called me this morning to say they resubmitted my number for provisioning and that i must give it ANOTHER 72 hours! WTF? They already deducted the money, but I can't use the data!

From what I heard about Afrihost and their service, I was keen to sign up. Now I'm regretting it a bit...:confused:

I'm in the same boat. Still has not been provisioned. I have sent both Afriguy and Afriman a pm. If they come back and tell me that they have resubmitted and I must wait another 72hrs, I'm going to tell them to cancel and refund my money.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep

Sorry about this. It sometimes does not go through due to various issues, but we should be able to re-provision the numbers quickly. If you're on more than a second try though, we'll escalate this to MTN so that they can tell us what it going wrong here :(

PM me if you're still not getting any joy :(

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
I'm in the same boat. Still has not been provisioned. I have sent both Afriguy and Afriman a pm. If they come back and tell me that they have resubmitted and I must wait another 72hrs, I'm going to tell them to cancel and refund my money.

Got your PM - though I thought this was an LTE issue, not general APN service. Am I missing the boat here? :(

razer1980

Sorry about this. It sometimes does not go through due to various issues, but we should be able to re-provision the numbers quickly. If you're on more than a second try though, we'll escalate this to MTN so that they can tell us what it going wrong here :(

PM me if you're still not getting any joy :(

Thanks, looks like it's on now :love: :D

PurSpyk!!

Expert Member
Hi,

Been thinking of trying out the mobile package, my concern is my MTN contract has 200MB data included every month, now if I get Afrihost Mobile, how does one switch between the MTN data and Afrihost data? or does it use the MTN data and once that is used move over to Afrihost. I don't want a large bill at the end of the month, thanks

flbjhb

Hi,

Been thinking of trying out the mobile package, my concern is my MTN contract has 200MB data included every month, now if I get Afrihost Mobile, how does one switch between the MTN data and Afrihost data? or does it use the MTN data and once that is used move over to Afrihost. I don't want a large bill at the end of the month, thanks
What you do is set the APN on your phone/device to Afrihost. Once your Afrihost data bundle has been used up you will not have internet access, and then you would simply change your APN back to mymtn. its not automatically changed for you. So use your Afrihost bundle first (because it doesnt carry over) and then use mymtn afterwards.

PurSpyk!!

Expert Member
What you do is set the APN on your phone/device to Afrihost. Once your Afrihost data bundle has been used up you will not have internet access, and then you would simply change your APN back to mymtn. its not automatically changed for you. So use your Afrihost bundle first (because it doesnt carry over) and then use mymtn afterwards.

Thanks

hellfire

Honorary Master
For now, you won't be able to share the data between different devices, numbers or sims.
So post 3 September you can purchase data and assign it to the number you want to use it on :)

Has this changed?
Can we used one bundle for more than one sim card?