Afrihost - Bryanston & Gallo Manor Hosting Down

Solitude

Expert Member
Our hosting facilities in Bryanston and Gallo Manor are currently experiencing network issues. Affected clients may have limited or no access to their hosted products. Our hosting engineers are working with our upstream provider to resolve this as quickly as possible. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
How do you manage to take down two data centers?

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Uptime robot informed me too about a server that was giving issues on monday and i was like "Ugh FFS, client is going to flip."

I see its back up now. :)

Solitude

Expert Member
I see everyone complaining about Afrihost again. We have clients with servers at many different hosts and I have to say, no other host give as many problems as Afrihost.

We also have 3 cloud servers with them. One which is currently inaccessible.

OCP

Expert Member
I see everyone complaining about Afrihost again. We have clients with servers at many different hosts and I have to say, no other host give as many problems as Afrihost.

We also have 3 cloud servers with them. One which is currently inaccessible.
I had quite a few clients host with them - it was nothing but ongoing disasters.
Hosts would be down, emails issues and support that could not give a toss.

Moved everyone to domains.co.za and Hetzner; have had no clients swear ar me for over a year now and cant remember when any of their sites were down.

Why anyone still deals with AH is a mystery to me; they are so far from the company they used to be it's not even funny anymore.
(The countless threads are a very clear and honest indication of the level of frustration and unhappiness of the average AH cash cow)

Thor

Honorary Master
We moved one server. Still have to move the rest one day when there's time again.
Took 4 months.

To move 3 servers from them.

A hassle I never want to go through ever again.

For anyone reading this, if you still host with Afrihoax just do the right thing and move over to Domains.co.za