Afrihost Cancellation Fee

oRiX

Hey folks, need a bit of advice.
I cancelled my fibre connection to Afrihost 6 months after I received it. (I have paid for 6 months of fibre August-January) I received confirmation that my fibre connection would be cancelled on January 31st.

On February 2nd Afrihost sent me an invoice stating that I owed a cancellation fee of R999 and I've just had that debited from my account.

I am aware of Afrihost's cancellation fee if you cancel before 6months or if your account is in arrears. Which doesn't apply.

Is there anything I can do for this apart from just reversing the debit order?

RazorCPT

Hey there,

You can just log a call with them (not sure if you have access to Client zone still) and just ask them to reverse the debit/refund your account. I had some issues initially with my account and their accounts team were pretty rad with getting back to me and sorting things out.

I would reach out to @AfriMan either way to just help get it sorted.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Hey folks, need a bit of advice.
I cancelled my fibre connection to Afrihost 6 months after I received it. (I have paid for 6 months of fibre August-January) I received confirmation that my fibre connection would be cancelled on January 31st.

On February 2nd Afrihost sent me an invoice stating that I owed a cancellation fee of R999 and I've just had that debited from my account.

I am aware of Afrihost's cancellation fee if you cancel before 6months or if your account is in arrears. Which doesn't apply.

Is there anything I can do for this apart from just reversing the debit order?
Hey oRiX, @RazorCPT is right, our accounts team is willing and able to help you with this issue. If you still need assistance then please drop me a PM with your clientzone username so I can have a quick look.

Rustie

what f_cks my bunny is that there is no internal business rule to catch this payment before it is made, so any client not querying it is out of pocket and non the wiser
its scummy, unethical and a dick move
like you guys less and less every month