Afrihost Capped DSL Feedback

Aghori

Honorary Master
So lads, when are you fine chaps offering the "Naked ADSL" packages with managed line?

Kiemo

Expert Member
I see you guys have this new Adsl deals that you don’t have to pay for line rental ... our house don’t even have a line in to start with ... And LTE is expensive

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I see you guys have this new Adsl deals that you don’t have to pay for line rental ... our house don’t even have a line in to start with ... And LTE is expensive
Hi Kiemo, yes we have launched Pure ADSL, unfortunately it's only available for clients who already have landlines. There will be no new installations.

Samildanach

Hi Afrihost. I have a problem with my line for the last week. I just got a message that my problem has been resolved. But I have not seen a telkom technician and I still have the same issue.....

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hi Afrihost. I have a problem with my line for the last week. I just got a message that my problem has been resolved. But I have not seen a telkom technician and I still have the same issue.....

Hey drop me your clientzone email or ticket id let me see what's up and what Openserve wrt the fault. :)

Samildanach

Hey drop me your clientzone email or ticket id let me see what's up and what Openserve wrt the fault. :)

Thank you Cavedog! Wow.

My clientzone e-mail is ******* ***** ********* *************

I appreciate the help!

Last edited by a moderator:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Thank you Cavedog! Wow.

I appreciate the help!

I checked on the Openserve portal the DSL fault is still open not closed yet. It has this status currently "Work order created ,awaiting available tech to attend"

Sent you a SMS with the above. ;)

Last edited:

Samildanach

I checked on the Openserve portal the DSL fault is still open not closed yet. It has this status currently "Work order created ,awaiting available tech to attend"

Sent you and SMS with the above. ;)
Awesome, thank you so much. I was thrown a bit from the Afrihost sms when I saw it. Have an awesome day further!

Dianysis

Expert Member
@cavedog
Can you help?
Put in an order on Friday, 12 June 2020 to upgrade my line speed. Would like to find out if there is any update?

Sireon

Hey guys, welcome to the dedicated Afrihost Capped DSL feedback thread! :D

We're testing a new dedicated Afrihost Support Forum in and attempt to better manage, respond to and consolidate your feedback.

Similar to the old "New Network Feedback Thread", we'll be encouraging feedback on our DSL network right here. We've decided to split it up into a Capped DSL feedback thread and an Uncapped DSL feedback thread, because we know that the needs, priorities and complaints from clients in each camp are slightly different and we'd like you to be able to compare your experience with others as well as report back on your individual experience in a fair space.

If you have any problems or complaints regarding service, your account, line issues or any other support related query (Hosting included), we'd like to encourage you to start a new thread in this sub-forum and we'll tackle it right away. The whole idea is to provide you with the best forum support possible! :)

On that note, please check out our Community Guidelines to make this a safe space for everyone!

Welcome to the Afrihost Support Forum!

You guys keep debiting my account when your service was stopped months ago. Many requests to stop this THEFT but need to pay the bank to cancel on my side plus all the reversal fees. You guys set up 3 debit orders on my account which is very frustrating. Afrihost seems to make money by illegally debiting accounts then getting customers to pay, battle and fight to fix what Afrihost messes up. Already lodged the complaint with ICASSA. On a separate issue I have sent through a complaint to the human rights commission for racism. You guys are terrible!!!

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
You guys keep debiting my account when your service was stopped months ago. Many requests to stop this THEFT but need to pay the bank to cancel on my side plus all the reversal fees. You guys set up 3 debit orders on my account which is very frustrating. Afrihost seems to make money by illegally debiting accounts then getting customers to pay, battle and fight to fix what Afrihost messes up. Already lodged the complaint with ICASSA. On a separate issue I have sent through a complaint to the human rights commission for racism. You guys are terrible!!!

I would like to investigate what happened. Can you send me you clientzone email via private message so I can have a look into the account and see what is happening?

LabAnimal

Expert Member
@AfriNatic - :) DFA runs past my place in Glenwood, no fiber being offered here... Vodacom Fiber not a block away for one building, nothing else... The DSL network is getting worse, I can't get 40meg DSL back, suddenly not available anymore, LTE will never be an option. From another forum on MyBB there is SOOO much interest, but... no fiber! Whats up ?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic - :) DFA runs past my place in Glenwood, no fiber being offered here... Vodacom Fiber not a block away for one building, nothing else... The DSL network is getting worse, I can't get 40meg DSL back, suddenly not available anymore, LTE will never be an option. From another forum on MyBB there is SOOO much interest, but... no fiber! Whats up ?

DFA is mostly just used for backhaul. They don't sell directly to the public.