Afrihost capped fibre - No 300GB option

Gimli

I am on Afrihost/Openserve fibre with 20mbps uncapped home fibre. I have seen my usage hovers at about 200GB or just over that per month. I want to increase my line speed without dramatically increasing my monthly spend so was looking at 100mbps line with capped data . But Afrihost offers 200GB and then next size is 500GB. Why not offer some package inbetween?

Should I rather move to another ISP? Maybe Vox?

Sumen

Expert Member
I am on Afrihost/Openserve fibre with 20mbps uncapped home fibre. I have seen my usage hovers at about 200GB or just over that per month. I want to increase my line speed without dramatically increasing my monthly spend so was looking at 100mbps line with capped data . But Afrihost offers 200GB and then next size is 500GB. Why not offer some package inbetween?

The vox/openserve uncapped prices is better value for money, looks like openserve costs more than vumatel.

jasweb

Afrihost Plus is what you "need" - R109 and it doubles your Cap.

https://www.afrihost.com/landing/afrihost_plus/

Gimli

Seriously? I was not aware that the Afrihost Plus offer is also applicable to fibre line? Than makes it really interesting

DERoestorf

Anybody who takes a capped/shapped/throttled line should really not have fibre. There are much better options out there

mr_norris

Expert Member
Anybody who takes a capped/shapped/throttled line should really not have fibre. There are much better options out there
Weird, and here I am with a capped AH fibre account, yet I'm not "shapped" or throttled. What useful advice!

DERoestorf

Weird, and here I am with a capped AH fibre account, yet I'm not "shapped" or throttled. What useful advice!
Thanks for pointing out my mistake in spelling, did not check it before posting.

And I have an uncapped account, and the same is true for me. And all AH accounts get shaped, you might not feel it yet, but it is coming. And Sorry you can't see how useful the advice is now, will tell you I told you so soon enough.