Afrihost communication issues - afriman ??

Grant

Honorary Master
why are there endless communication problems ?

on saturday i sent a request via client zone, i finally got a response today, tuesday - 3 days later.

since saturday i have sent a number of requests via sms - not a single response to any.

i have called a number of times (ct to jhb) the wait time has never been less than 10 minutes. right now i have been on hold for 15 minutes - i got to position number one with a hold time of 1 minute, now somehow i am bounced to position 4, with the customary hold time of 7 minutes.

what is going on there

Grant

Honorary Master
So I called again at about 4pm after the better part of 15 minutes on hold I land up at tech support.
Tech support willingly offer to send me to wait at the end of the queue.
I ask rather to be put through to reception / switchboard, I am put through. I ask the lady to please get someone in accounts to call me as a matter of urgency before the end of the day.
Well, it is now 6.30pm

3 emails to accounts since 11am remain unanswered.
4 sms help messages remain unanswered.
5 calls - each being on hold for over 10 minutes were a waste of both time & money - so that is almost an hour of my day wasted being on hold to afrihost - and then of course, the cost of almost an hour on the phone.

I am real curious to see what the telephone account is going to look like with the multitude of CT-JHB calls over the last month.

Bursty-dude

Expert Member
I'm still waiting for feedback from the accounts department at Afrihost. Sent multiple emails and Client Zone requests last week Tuesday already, and to date, not a single reply.

Afriman did his usual "I owe him a case or 6 of Bells" thing and sorted stuff out. Rather send him a PM.

Grant

Honorary Master
I'm still waiting for feedback from the accounts department at Afrihost. Sent multiple emails and Client Zone requests last week Tuesday already, and to date, not a single reply.

Afriman did his usual "I owe him a case or 6 of Bells" thing and sorted stuff out. Rather send him a PM.

will do that. thanks

theresa1605

I don't understand why you receive no replies? Everytime I asked or queried or anything I get a reply almost immediately. I've never had to ask again or anything. Service always tops!! THANKS GIAN!!!

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
why are there endless communication problems ?

on saturday i sent a request via client zone, i finally got a response today, tuesday - 3 days later.

since saturday i have sent a number of requests via sms - not a single response to any.

i have called a number of times (ct to jhb) the wait time has never been less than 10 minutes. right now i have been on hold for 15 minutes - i got to position number one with a hold time of 1 minute, now somehow i am bounced to position 4, with the customary hold time of 7 minutes.

what is going on there

Sounds like something went very wrong here - really sorry that this is so frustrating and taking so long to resolve.

I got your PM and will review from there :(

OMB

Mountain Man
I had a similar problem at the end of last month with a problem, took 3 days before I got a response.

After having been an AH client for about 3 years now I have watched how their service levels have declined in the last year. They constantly deny it, but just look at the growing number of complaints on the forum as well as the fact that they now need 3 people on the forum to resolve issues that the call centre seems unable to. For me that tells a story all by itself.

Grant

Honorary Master
I don't understand why you receive no replies? Everytime I asked or queried or anything I get a reply almost immediately. I've never had to ask again or anything. Service always tops!! THANKS GIAN!!!

wow

pretty interesting that your 3rd post in 2 years happens to be in this particular section singing the praises of afrihost

Grant

Honorary Master

that used to be the case with me
if i sent a help sms i would get a text confirming receipt thereof & informing me i would be contacted.

since saturday not a single email or multiple text message has had a response

i somehow suspect you may a little more about this than the rest of us

Chicken Boo

Since late last year (around the time their 3G offering came out, co-inky-dink? hmm) the responses have fallen through the floor. I don't think I've had a single email query responded to since then where I didn't have to phone or live chat first. I don't even get ticket numbers so when I do get hold of some poor sap there all I can say is "I sent you an email".
And even with live chat, the last few times I've tried using it there's no one to connect with and I get left with the option of leaving a message. You think I'm live chatting because I crave the attention and platitudes of support staff? If you ****ers would REPLY to messages I wouldn't be live chatting!

It's fine though, save your apologies, I've heard more than enough of them. Moving ISPs in another month or two.

Grant

Honorary Master
so despite an incredible long email to afriman - an attempt is made to shift focus from the elephant in the room to an arrears amount of R200

Hectic

Executive Member
I've noticed that even the responses in the various forum threads are left for several hours.

I've had the same experience with the hosting. Tons of tickets and mails, but very slow feedback.

I requested a DNS nameserver change sometime last week and I've received ito of feedback is that the request have been forwarded to the relevant department, but the request haven't implemented a week later.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
so despite an incredible long email to afriman - an attempt is made to shift focus from the elephant in the room to an arrears amount of R200

I went through everything you submitted, spoke to all the people concerned. I think at the end of the day we did our best to accommodate you. We've waived reconnection fees and reactivated you several times. I think trying to make us the bad guy in this story is really not cool. At the end of the day we've tried to help where we can.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
I've noticed that even the responses in the various forum threads are left for several hours.

I've had the same experience with the hosting. Tons of tickets and mails, but very slow feedback.

I requested a DNS nameserver change sometime last week and I've received ito of feedback is that the request have been forwarded to the relevant department, but the request haven't implemented a week later.

I don't think forums are ever meant to be realtime - but we're pretty active on threads that are focussed on us. We don't always pick up the smaller threads like this one immediately :(

Grant

Honorary Master
I went through everything you submitted, spoke to all the people concerned. I think at the end of the day we did our best to accommodate you. We've waived reconnection fees and reactivated you several times. I think trying to make us the bad guy in this story is really not cool. At the end of the day we've tried to help where we can.

firstly i have to thank you for responding as quickly as you did.

However, afriman, what is going on the communications ?
The emails to accounts, the multiple help sms's & phone messages - why is there never a response ?
then of course is your accounts lady who promised to call me as soon as she received the invoice & bank confirmation from me, Why did she not call, or bother returning my calls after my leaving 2 further messages for her later the same day ?

And yes. afrihost did waive reconnection fees - and so they should when they process a debit order to some bizarre non existent absa account then charge me a fee for a debit order bouncing - you saw the fax of my invoice yourself, showing that strange account number.

You will also recall when I notified afrihost of the theft & resultant fraudulent activity on my bank account at the end of last year, I contacted afrihost to arrange advance payment by means of cash on my account. Two different staff members told me it was not possible, the one told me it could not be done due to a price adjustment of fees in january this year, another told me i had to wait until the debit order was rejected & then go into absa & make a direct deposit. A third, sometime later told me an advance payment was in fact possible.

But at the end of the day it all boils down to a lack of communication - the crux of the matter.
Looking at my phone, there are 7 help sms's sent since saturday - there has not been a response to a single one of them.
2 emails to accounts@afrihost.com - no response & a multitude of phone calls leaving messages - no response.

Something seems wrong at afrihost at the moment.
In the past when a support request was sent via client zone, afrihost usually responded within an hour or two. The request I sent on saturday afternoon only received a response yesterday.
In the past when a help sms was sent, there was usually an automated notification retuned confirming the request & someone would call, usually within an hour or two - i have not even received the automated response to any of the messages i sent , let alone a call from someone in support - i do have delivery reports from the cellular network though.
Again, what is going on there ?

You have been the single & only person at afrihost to respond, for which I thank you.
You support supervisor donovan was great, as was stacy-lee, thank them on my behalf if you are able to.
My account (via clientzone) finally appears to be correct - amount due, as well as my banking details - but again, what is the communication problem there.

**on a side note, i have no idea what telephone system you have in house, but when calling afrihost, when finally getting through, it sounds like i am talking to someone on a mobile phone who is driving through a tunnel - the conversation keeps breaking up - these are calls to both support and accounts. Are you on cordless devices that are picking up interference causing the break up of conversation ?

Last edited:

OMB

Mountain Man
so after Afriguy intimating that I was talking crap about poor service in another thread, and what I posted here as well as grantza's experience finally some truth from Gian

Please accept my humble apologies

Our team has been stretched over the last few weeks and we haven't been able to deliver the quality of service we strive to.

We've grown amazingly (thank you!) in the past few months and although we are hiring new team members as quickly as we can, we are struggling to find enough people of the calibre we need.

If you've contacted Support or Accounts in the last few weeks you've probably noticed that we've fallen short in terms of the remarkable service we strive for.

The phone hold times have been too long.

We haven't replied to your emails fast enough.

Our turn around time has simply not been good enough.

And I'm sincerely sorry if this has affected you.

But I do guarantee you we will fix this.

Grant

Honorary Master
that email makes the world of difference.

if only someone came forth with this earlier it would have prevented a lot of fighting

i am happier now - except my jan telephone account arrived

calls to afrihost:
199.34 minutes - cost R108

i wonder what the feb account is going to look like !

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Well, I have told Afriman that I intend signing up next month.

This excited him so much, that he is going to employ some really good looking honeys to assist. :D:D
This does not necessarily mean your queries will be answered swiftly, but the pic posts of the swish girls will make up for that. :D:D

Aside from all that, I know as soon as I join, the big knobs at AH will just want to give better service to everyone just to make me happy. :whistling:

And yes I know I am full of sh.t......:)

Chicken Boo

so after Afriguy intimating that I was talking crap about poor service in another thread, and what I posted here as well as grantza's experience finally some truth from Gian

lol, when did you receive that? I got the same response back... hmm around October.