Afrihost customers on Openserve to get free speed upgrades

MavChat

Expert Member
But then I might get a 50Mb line and they forget to upgrade me to 100Mb... LOL
It is automated. Downgrade to the package that is changing to the package you want and it will be to the correct one you want on 1 March

Skerminkel

Expert Member
Thanks @Afri-People @Afrihost-Gian,
Just received my email.
Tell us: Did you know the Openserve changes might be coming and that is why you had the special over Christmas? You always announce upgrades a few weeks after specials run out.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Frogfoot still has their double speed promo going for most areas which we are still giving for free for new activation's.
Not PLZ, and I can understand why though. They clearly didn't cater for an increased uptake on their fibre network. Multiple SMSs coming out again this weekend with it going down.
So I will get rid of them and my ISP when my installation period runs out. Vumatel and AN Other ISP. I used Afrihost when I had ADSL but left them because Webafrica was cheaper. Maybe I should look into Afrihost again.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Not PLZ, and I can understand why though. They clearly didn't cater for an increased uptake on their fibre network. Multiple SMSs coming out again this weekend with it going down.
So I will get rid of them and my ISP when my installation period runs out. Vumatel and AN Other ISP. I used Afrihost when I had ADSL but left them because Webafrica was cheaper. Maybe I should look into Afrihost again.

Unfortunately PLZ is not included.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Unfortunately PLZ is not included.
Nope...and it looks like you pay for your Vumatel installation too, whereas Frogfoot's was free. R1700 is a lot of money to pay, so I'd then have to stay on Frogfoot and look for another ISP.