Afrihost Fibre Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucks_Fizz

Hi,

Have the packages changed? On the home page, the fibre packages for VUMA do not show the fibre tiers (Home, premium etc.) Also 100MB+ on VUMA is R1400? 1GB is R1417?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hi,

Have the packages changed? On the home page, the fibre packages for VUMA do not show the fibre tiers (Home, premium etc.) Also 100MB+ on VUMA is R1400? 1GB is R1417?

Yes there is fibre price chanages. They have scrapped the home premium ect for all fibre providers except Openserve. So you basically just get uncapped now.

Bucks_Fizz

Hi all,
Just want to say thanks to AfriNatic!. Just got my invoice today. Price dropped due to the change in Vuma Packages. So uncapped, unshaped, no throttle at a cheaper price than last month. Really appreciate the help and service

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi all,
Just want to say thanks to AfriNatic!. Just got my invoice today. Price dropped due to the change in Vuma Packages. So uncapped, unshaped, no throttle at a cheaper price than last month. Really appreciate the help and service

You are more than welcome!

Samildanach

Hi Afrihost,

Do you have any relationship or plan to have a relationship with Link Africa (https://www.linkafrica.co.za/). They are in the process of building fibre infrastructure in Amanzimtoti (presumably ETA is in November this year). There is one ISP - home-connect.co.za that are going to sell their packages from what I have seen so far. I would absolutely positively hate to leave Afrihost and hope that you guys will also be available to be chosen.

chefdude98

Expert Member
You get scummy companies, TT Connect is one, https://mybroadband.co.za/news/fibr...in-court-battle-over-poor-service-levels.html
it's not the fiber itself that's bad.
Hey, My options are basically Afrihost, Webafrica & Home Connect.

Is Afrihost truely unshaped & how was your streaming performance? Was customer service of an acceptable level, even though they made an error costing you R1000?

I was happy with Webafrica it seems to perform well with Frogfoot & i signed up via debit card.

chefdude98

Expert Member
Early days but I am fairly happy with Fibre on Afrihost.I think this is more a reflection of Frogfoot being issue free than Afrihost.

I do however think you need to switch courier companies.

Dawn Wings customer service is really bad tbh.

Endless issues with Dawn Wing and it takes them 20 minutes to answer the phone.

clouduser

Good morning all ,
I have a 10Mbps Fibre line at home with Afrihost and the service started off with no problems. Lately I am experiencing buffering on my "Blazing fast" 10Mbps Afrihost fibre line. When I did a speed test, I discovered that my download speeds vary between 3.86 down to 1.38 Mbps and upload from .40 to .45.

Anybody else experiencing this and know what to do about it??

Cheers

chefdude98

Expert Member
Afrihost is shaping Fibre.

I struggle to stream YouTube on 1080p.

Switch on my VPN & it works without buffering.

I am on the Frogfoot network. They are reliable & no issues with them.

How the hell do you shape a fibre product Afrihost? Disappointed.

chefdude98

Expert Member
Good morning all ,
I have a 10Mbps Fibre line at home with Afrihost and the service started off with no problems. Lately I am experiencing buffering on my "Blazing fast" 10Mbps Afrihost fibre line. When I did a speed test, I discovered that my download speeds vary between 3.86 down to 1.38 Mbps and upload from .40 to .45.

Anybody else experiencing this and know what to do about it??

Cheers
Im also on the 10mbps package and experiencing the same issue.

Frogfoot is my fibre provider.

Currently struggling to stream youtube on 1080 & 720.

It works fine with a VPN. They are shaping fibre

clouduser

chef,
Who is your fibre supplier?
I don't understand how it works fine with a VPN and not without it. Or am I misunderstanding you?

MavChat

Expert Member
That tracert shows latency starting at when you hit the undersea cable. Not an issue Vuma or Afrihost can fix. As you are getting service from Macrolan ISP aka Seacom. You send them this and ask that their NOC look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.