Afrihost free ADSL data fight

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
kinda petty to take away the free gig...

The Client in question was exercising questionable payment practices I'm afraid. :(

The former-Client in question had his entire Afrihost account terminated, we did not take the 1-GB Free Capped package into account as a separate account.

Ridolfc

Expert Member
The Client in question was exercising questionable payment practices I'm afraid. :(

The former-Client in question had his entire Afrihost account terminated, we did not take the 1-GB Free Capped package into account as a separate account.

Still false advertising on Airhost's side.

RichardG

Honorary Master
Pity the company involved gets named, and not the client.

The client will now face the music and most probably get black listed due to his/her account not being in good standing order....

Skerminkel

Expert Member

No need to defend this one. Guy was being a cardboard box. Just tried to prove a point.

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Care to share that specific wording here with us folks?

I don't think we've launched any new promotional material for the 1-GB Account, but we are going to focus on it being "free" instead "free forever".

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
I don't think we've launched any new promotional material for the 1-GB Account, but we are going to focus on it being "free" instead "free forever".

how about adjusting the terms to "1gb free with a free cappuccino and a brownie forever"?

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
how about adjusting the terms to "1gb free with a free cappuccino and a brownie forever"?

This was considered, but the distribution of said Cappuccinos and Brownies was going to be very problematic! Especially when we couldn't figure out how to reliably deliver the Cappuccinos and Brownies whilst they were still hot and fresh! ;)

fonoi

This was considered, but the distribution of said Cappuccinos and Brownies was going to be very problematic! Especially when we couldn't figure out how to reliably deliver the Cappuccinos and Brownies whilst they were still hot and fresh! ;)

I once used Afrihost as my provider, I cancelled my service and was still able to use the free gig when needed. In my experience Afrihost has been great to keep that service open for me and they benefit when I need additional data as I use that as a backup account.

Thumbs up to Afrihost from me.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Could be worse....

My ex ISP and dont want Open a can of worms on the Web by mentioning their name ..... Used to give me almost no browsing bandwidth during the day, even though I paid for it, while the one before that had a fonny attitude Mmmmmm , throttled me and banned me from their FB page, and I was expected to pay for this too.

Had no such issues with AH, and be sure, I give them shyte when I feel they deserve it, but they give me a great internet experience ... oh ja, and I pay my bills.

cfilorux

Society of criminals demanding higher standards

Hi, my name is Charles, and I owe you THOUSANDS OF RANDS and I am VERY UPSET that you won't give me a FREE 1GB. You are so MEAN. I mean, you didn't say "free as long as you don't DEFRAUD afrihost", you said "FREE". You are VERY BAD PEOPLE. I demand my DEMOCRATIC right to refuse payment for services that I receive and then to demand FREE stuff for FREE. Along with the ASA I absolutely INSIST that your offer be encumbered by reams of FINE PRINT that says stuff about when I am BAD. I also demand fine print that says if I use my FREE GB for nothing but spam that's also ok. I think I'm going to move my free services to Web Africa if you are going to be so HORRIBLE.

Last edited:

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Could be worse....

My ex ISP and dont want Open a can of worms on the Web by mentioning their name ..... Used to give me almost no browsing bandwidth during the day, even though I paid for it, while the one before that had a fonny attitude Mmmmmm , throttled me and banned me from their FB page, and I was expected to pay for this too.

Had no such issues with AH, and be sure, I give them shyte when I feel they deserve it, but they give me a great internet experience ... oh ja, and I pay my bills.

You actually give us very constructive feedback, and generally this is very useful in helping us find any issues, so please continue! :)

Peon

Expert Member
This sounds like the latest episode from "Better call Saul" The lady doesnt believe she or her husband has done anything wrong besides the fact they stole $1.5 million. "No, but we innocent"

Afrihost is by far the best ISP in SA. Shoulders above everyone else imo. They not perfect such as their Cloud hosting goes but still way above everyone else.

Ridolfc

Expert Member
This sounds like the latest episode from "Better call Saul" The lady doesnt believe she or her husband has done anything wrong besides the fact they stole $1.5 million. "No, but we innocent"

Afrihost is by far the best ISP in SA. Shoulders above everyone else imo. They not perfect such as their Cloud hosting goes but still way above everyone else.

I agree. I am very happy with them. I moved from openweb whom I had no problems with for a very long time until one day I could not open web pages. Even though I was on the Gold unshaped uncapped option.

My Afrihost business uncapped is running well.