Afrihost free ADSL data fight

_TrXtR_

Expert Member
The Client in question was exercising questionable payment practices I'm afraid. :(

The former-Client in question had his entire Afrihost account terminated, we did not take the 1-GB Free Capped package into account as a separate account.

Strange thing then, because when I closed my capped account to open uncapped business, I lost my free 1gig a month.
This is why I think the ruling is fair. Because I didn't know I was going to loose that free gig.
I'm glad you guys don't do free live gig's...

Dan C

Honorary Master
Strange thing then, because when I closed my capped account to open uncapped business, I lost my free 1gig a month.
This is why I think the ruling is fair. Because I didn't know I was going to loose that free gig.

If your free gig was together with a capped account, then yes you will lose it. But does not mean you cannot apply for a separate free gig. Just add a capped adsl product and select 1gb for R0 , easy :)

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep

If your free gig was together with a capped account, then yes you will lose it. But does not mean you cannot apply for a separate free gig. Just add a capped adsl product and select 1gb for R0 , easy :)

Dan C is correct, if you upgrade your account, the 1-Free GB may have fallen away, but you should be able to reactivate it at any point by signing up for a new one.

koeks525

Expert Member
Our business relationship with the complainant was terminated due to non-payment and repeated failure to keep his accounts in good order,” said Afrihost.

Damn, people gotta be so cheap!! :(

Little Mac

Honorary Master
Still false advertising on Airhost's side.

kinda petty to take away the free gig...

You can not be serious lol.
That's like a customer demanding the benefit of wimpy's free seating while refusing to pay for their meal ROFL. Right of admission reserved.
I see petty... I see a petty customer whinging when he's a bad debtor.

AntiGanda

Banned
Even more petty to not pay and complain to the ASA.
Afrihost made claims that were untrue and were caught out.

It has nothing to do with payments, because they remove the 'free' 1gig from anyone who leaves them, especially if you have any sort of dispute about the quality of their service.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle

It has nothing to do with payments, because they remove the 'free' 1gig from anyone who leaves them, especially if you have any sort of dispute about the quality of their service.

As I would expect it to be.
Nothing to see here... move along.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep

Bit of a thread revival here ;)
In previous comments I think we've covered every aspect of the conversation, we can put this behind us now.

Sonic2k

Executive Member
I have no issues with Afrihost either, especially since they were willing to bend their rules with regards to payments when I fell on hard times. Show me an ISP or service provider for that matter, willing to do same.

It is also really awesome to be able to ACTUALLY USE THE INTERNET DURING THE DAY!

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Pity you can't use the free gig with an axxess/afrihost 3G (mobile) account... :(

I have no more an ADSL line, but still keep the Gig active, maybe someday I'll be able to get ADSL again...

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Pity you can't use the free gig with an axxess/afrihost 3G (mobile) account... :(

I have no more an ADSL line, but still keep the Gig active, maybe someday I'll be able to get ADSL again...

I'm sure we can something done like this :) We probably just need to see Mobile mature as a product though, the same we had done with DSL.

RichardG

Honorary Master
I'm sure we can something done like this :) We probably just need to see Mobile mature as a product though, the same we had done with DSL.

Not sustainable. GO to the drawn board. Maybe in 20 years it's possible.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Not sustainable. GO to the drawn board. Maybe in 20 years it's possible.

I don't think the wait will have to be that long. Mobile prices have already been aggressively cut. We're always working towards awesome things :)

MickeyD

RIP
The Client in question was exercising questionable payment practices I'm afraid. :(

The former-Client in question had his entire Afrihost account terminated, we did not take the 1-GB Free Capped package into account as a separate account.

Are you still sticking to this libelous comment? Even after your company acknowledged to the customer that it was not his fault that his payments were not processed by your company?