Afrihost/Gian - Shocked at your company's incompetence

ryanv

Hi Gian,

I am posting this online now, as trying to get hold of you at your company does not work, nor trying to message/contact you directly. I would like to share my experience, and ask you if this is a fair way to treat customers?

I have been with you 2 years now (2022 and 2023), two residences for a year each. Every time, to get going is akin to getting married, one of the most stressful situations you can experience. Once going, and there is no problems that I have to contact your inexperienced support staff for, the service is not bad.

I bought my flat in October 2023, and ordered my fibre in October on your website, where it said it was live. I then move into my flat beginning November and contacted afrihost to find out when my line will be installed, just to find out it is not live. Since then it has been 100s of emails (not kidding, please let me send them to you) and messages to get the fibre line installed. This was finalised in January. Then it took a whole month to get it activated. Now it was activated 1 February, and I have been getting 40mbps since activation, for 2 weeks, where I am paying for a 80mbps line.

Through Irvin at Critical Care (who gave up eventually) and the whatsapp group, I have restarted, re-activated, swopped plugs between ont, computer and router more times than a IT tech will do in a month. I AM NOT JOKING.

Frogfoot says the line is fine, the loss shouldnt be more 23.9dbm, and my line is 20.4dbm, a very good line, So the problem should be on your side.

It has almost been 5 months now to get the fibre I need, I cannot describe the additional expenses due to this incompetence. I had to get LTE from you for months at R400 more than what the fibre would be. I had to get a R2500 sim router for this. I had to have a backup internet at R500 per month as the LTE was unreliable. Plus I have for half a month been wasting money on a 80mbps line while only getting 40mbps.

I am a Software Engineer and heavily rely on my internet. I worked through December and it was HELL. I would NEVER, EVER, EVER recommend Afrihost. I would rather actively discourage people from getting Afrihost. It will save them a lot of stress, time and money. PROVEN.

I am hoping this message gets this sorted out once and for all.

I cannot post my details here, but I have messaged you on LinkedIn with my contact details, and you can speak to Irvin Ntshegang from Critical Care.

Thank you,

Ryan

Hi Gian,

I am posting this online now, as trying to get hold of you at your company does not work, nor trying to message/contact you directly. I would like to share my experience, and ask you if this is a fair way to treat customers?

I have been with you 2 years now (2022 and 2023), two residences for a year each. Every time, to get going is akin to getting married, one of the most stressful situations you can experience. Once going, and there is no problems that I have to contact your inexperienced support staff for, the service is not bad.

I bought my flat in October 2023, and ordered my fibre in October on your website, where it said it was live. I then move into my flat beginning November and contacted afrihost to find out when my line will be installed, just to find out it is not live. Since then it has been 100s of emails (not kidding, please let me send them to you) and messages to get the fibre line installed. This was finalised in January. Then it took a whole month to get it activated. Now it was activated 1 February, and I have been getting 40mbps since activation, for 2 weeks, where I am paying for a 80mbps line.

Through Irvin at Critical Care (who gave up eventually) and the whatsapp group, I have restarted, re-activated, swopped plugs between ont, computer and router more times than a IT tech will do in a month. I AM NOT JOKING.

Frogfoot says the line is fine, the loss shouldnt be more 23.9dbm, and my line is 20.4dbm, a very good line, So the problem should be on your side.

It has almost been 5 months now to get the fibre I need, I cannot describe the additional expenses due to this incompetence. I had to get LTE from you for months at R400 more than what the fibre would be. I had to get a R2500 sim router for this. I had to have a backup internet at R500 per month as the LTE was unreliable. Plus I have for half a month been wasting money on a 80mbps line while only getting 40mbps.

I am a Software Engineer and heavily rely on my internet. I worked through December and it was HELL. I would NEVER, EVER, EVER recommend Afrihost. I would rather actively discourage people from getting Afrihost. It will save them a lot of stress, time and money. PROVEN.

I cannot post my details here, but I have messaged you on LinkedIn with my contact details, and you can speak to Irvin Ntshegang from Critical Care.

Thank you,

Ryan
@AfriGuy
@Afrigirl

Hi Gian,

Thank you,

Ryan

Hi

Really sorry for the issues experienced.

Please can you send me a private message with your email address so I can have a look for you?

Unfortunately all of them have gone MIA. Starting to wonder whether one of Putin's missiles went astray!!
Afrigirl is on leave

@ryanv I wonder why you chose to go the fibre route? MTN Uncapped Home Internet 60Mbps, which uses LTE, is only R700 pm month-to-month with a free router. If you move again, just notify them of your new location and take it with you. Yes, MTN call centre support is also poor, but the good news is that you won't need it!

So within 10 minutes of me posting this it was sorted. It is so sad that one has to almost loose your mind jumping through 1000s hoops first, and then publicly post your experience to get things done.
Not so much pubic posting as it is that the reps on here are 100 x more efficient and able to action things than their script-bound call center staff.

So within 10 minutes of me posting this it was sorted. It is so sad that one has to almost loose your mind jumping through 1000s hoops first, and then publicly post your experience to get things done.
You are lucky. The last time I posted here I told them I'm at my wits end and I'll be proceeding to ISPA. Their response to me was "good luck".

Another department there sorted it out after ISPA sent it to them.

That was years ago though and look how fast these guys managed to sort it out.

Last edited:
Hi

Really sorry for the issues experienced.

Please can you send me a private message with your email address so I can have a look for you?
Imagine. Even if you manage to resolve it here, the service is still KAK. How could all the others not assist :ROFL: :ROFL:

Yep, and people still thank them for resolving issues right before you get a stroke for dealing with a handful of others :ROFL:

@ryanv I wonder why you chose to go the fibre route? MTN Uncapped Home Internet 60Mbps, which uses LTE, is only R700 pm month-to-month with a free router. If you move again, just notify them of your new location and take it with you. Yes, MTN call centre support is also poor, but the good news is that you won't need it!

You sus.

1707830017114.png

Hi Gian,

Frogtfoot says the line is fine, the loss shouldnt be more 23.9dbm, and my line is 20.4dbm, a very good line, So the problem should be on your side.

Thank you,

Ryan

My crystal ball is pointing the blame somewhere else. Would be nice if @ryanv @AfriNatic would share what the issue was

Back