Afrihost hosting

thehuman

Expert Member
We have 4 domain's
one of them for the past 2 month's we have multiple problems with our mailbox

host spe.spambox.co.za[197.242.153.40] said:
550 relay not permitted! (in reply to RCPT TO command)

so using whatsapp support

Reported 12:13
13:12 person on other side say's he and manager working on it
asked why this keep repeating , reply something about missing pathway's
13:48 ask status report , reply working on it
14:47 another request for update , they still working on it
15:40 another update request and ask what happen 5pm when it home time for staff
reply team online till 8pm
16:38 update request

automated reply - > Hi, thank you for your message. I'm unavailable to chat right now. To chat to another WhatsApp agent, please browse https://www.afrihost.com and select WhatsApp under Support.

Any suggestion's for alternative hosting ?

thehuman

Expert Member
Ok fixed . Requested a callback, they changed servers without informing us , mx records was broken due to we managing our own dns.

Thor

Honorary Master
We have 4 domain's
one of them for the past 2 month's we have multiple problems with our mailbox

host spe.spambox.co.za[197.242.153.40] said:
550 relay not permitted! (in reply to RCPT TO command)

so using whatsapp support

Reported 12:13
13:12 person on other side say's he and manager working on it
asked why this keep repeating , reply something about missing pathway's
13:48 ask status report , reply working on it
14:47 another request for update , they still working on it
15:40 another update request and ask what happen 5pm when it home time for staff
reply team online till 8pm
16:38 update request

automated reply - > Hi, thank you for your message. I'm unavailable to chat right now. To chat to another WhatsApp agent, please browse https://www.afrihost.com and select WhatsApp under Support.

Any suggestion's for alternative hosting ?
Move away from Afrihost, how mybb has not conducted a investigative article yet is beyond me, bottom line, no one in the industry in their righ mind would use Afrihost, they are not equiped to handle hosting, they dont have the skill nor the infrastructure.

theratman

Executive Member
Had endless issues with Afrihost, a client has a few domains there and their support is terrible. I'd never use them for any of my work related things, never realized how bad it was until I had no choice but to use their hosting platform.

Move away from Afrihost, how mybb has not conducted a investigative article yet is beyond me, bottom line, no one in the industry in their righ mind would use Afrihost, they are not equiped to handle hosting, they dont have the skill nor the infrastructure.
I am in total agreement. I constantly have issues with them. The latest one is really irritating:

One of my opposition has a dedicated server with Afrihost and so do I. As a result we share the same nameservers. I was unaware of this initially and I proceeded to copy the data of a website, configure it and initiate transfer. The transfer was accepted and the domain is now in my control. Or is it?

The thing is that because my server and my opposition's server share the same Afrihost nameservers, the domain still resolves to the old server. Afrihost hosting support (who I think are outsourced to India or Pakistan) says that I must contact my opposition, after a difficult interaction to get the domain transferred in the first place and get them to request "a DNS TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP". So Afrihost refuses to do anything to help unless they get authorization from the previous service provider.

So basically, if you're in the game and are a reseller, don't ever get a dedicated server from Afrihost!
Now I have to move the 90 domains off of that server to a new host and update all 90 odd nameserver settings!! What a schlep.

Really hating Afrihost at the moment.