Wrathzn

Since December, My ADSL Line has been resyncing every 3 to 4 weeks, at a lower sync rate.
I use at max 6 gb per day of bandwidth
I pay for a line which operates at 4096kb/s however am getting reductions in the following manner ( always )
it starts at 4096kb/s , the first step in the decline is 4087kb/s then it jumps down to 3710/s , then 3321kb/s,
then stops at 2937kb/s. :(

DO NOT ALLOW AFRIHOST TO GET AWAY WITH IT !!! !!:twisted:

I am paying for a 4 mb line at premium connectivity, and want that preported connectivity.
Make sure that you to are not getting lumbered by going into your router and checking its current sync rate !!
I AM CERTAIN that I am not the only one being affected by this issue. :sick:

I have logged query after query after query, but there does not seem to be any long term resolution in site.

Afrihost has certainly gone down. :crying:

Wrathzn

Eh,telkom + ASSIA
Le google
Are you serious !? I genuinely thought that the ASSIA Issue had been resolved, I first heard of it in 2015 !!
Are ISPs even trying to mitigate the reputational damage caused by such a long standing issue ?? :wtf:

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Since December, My ADSL Line has been resyncing every 3 to 4 weeks, at a lower sync rate.
I use at max 6 gb per day of bandwidth
I pay for a line which operates at 4096kb/s however am getting reductions in the following manner ( always )
it starts at 4096kb/s , the first step in the decline is 4087kb/s then it jumps down to 3710/s , then 3321kb/s,
then stops at 2937kb/s. :(

DO NOT ALLOW AFRIHOST TO GET AWAY WITH IT !!! !!:twisted:

I am paying for a 4 mb line at premium connectivity, and want that preported connectivity.
Make sure that you to are not getting lumbered by going into your router and checking its current sync rate !!
I AM CERTAIN that I am not the only one being affected by this issue. :sick:

I have logged query after query after query, but there does not seem to be any long term resolution in site.

Afrihost has certainly gone down. :crying:
ASSIA can drop the DSL Line sync if it's picking up that your connection is unstable on the current sync profile, it's intended to ensure that you have have the best experience possible.

If you can PM me your DSL line number I'll check what's going on.

mister

Executive Member
As the other's have said, this is Openserve's ASSIA service that drops the line speed because the line is dodgy... as much as I love railing against Afrihost you can't blame them for this one... If your line is provided by Afrihost you might get lucky with them badgering Openserve to sort it out, but its a long shot

Dan C

Honorary Master
As the other's have said, this is Openserve's ASSIA service that drops the line speed because the line is dodgy... as much as I love railing against Afrihost you can't blame them for this one... If your line is provided by Afrihost you might get lucky with them badgering Openserve to sort it out, but its a long shot
Still amazes me that people still move their lines away from Telkom ...

Wrathzn

If Telkom and other resellers such as MWeb did not Shape internet connections at very low bandwidth ceilings
( MWeb is around 80gb, I think Telkom is a little higher )
I would certainly stick with them.
But for a person who actively backs up 1000mb + CMS servers, this is not ideal as that ceiling quickly gets depleted.
I am seriously considering an after 12 telkom LTE bundle though,
which would cater for quick and large bandwidth transfers,
I just need something to fill the "office hours gap" that produces a more stable service.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
You do realize it's been years now since keeping your line with Telkom ISP got better treatment? They have to follow the same process as all other ISP in logging tickets etc. and you have to go through that horrible call center. Afrihost is not that much better anymore, but they do have the option of logging/updating tickets, though they only check that once every ~24 hours at 6-7am when you're sure not to have any problems anymore or are asleep.

If Telkom and other resellers such as MWeb did not Shape internet connections at very low bandwidth ceilings
( MWeb is around 80gb, I think Telkom is a little higher )
I would certainly stick with them.
But for a person who actively backs up 1000mb + CMS servers, this is not ideal as that ceiling quickly gets depleted.
I am seriously considering an after 12 telkom LTE bundle though,
which would cater for quick and large bandwidth transfers,
I just need something to fill the "office hours gap" that produces a more stable service.
If you're uploading, go the LTE route if fiber is not available, ADSL is not made for upload, especially 4Mbps with a measly 512Kbps upload which can't even be saturated above 90% as the line becomes unstable. ADSL was designed for a time when near all content was consumed, not created.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
You do realize it's been years now since keeping your line with Telkom ISP got better treatment? They have to follow the same process as all other ISP in logging tickets etc. and you have to go through that horrible call center. Afrihost is not that much better anymore, but they do have the option of logging/updating tickets, though they only check that once every ~24 hours at 6-7am when you're sure not to have any problems anymore or are asleep.

If you're uploading, go the LTE route if fiber is not available, ADSL is not made for upload, especially 4Mbps with a measly 512Kbps upload which can't even be saturated above 90% as the line becomes unstable. ADSL was designed for a time when near all content was consumed, not created.
We're definitely still putting a lot of effort into adding value to the lines we manage. We should really do all the heavy lifting and dealing with Openserve so you can rest easy while we sort things out.