Afrihost launches new capped fibre packages

sand_man

Honorary Master
Lol, still expensive!! I don't get it....

100/50 uncapped Cool Ideas account on Fibrehood in the Norwood area will cost you R999 all in...

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Nothing wrong with that. My parents are on 2Mb Telkom adsl with 20Gb cap. Fibre has been laid in their area, but to expensive as there was no "cheap" option like this. Started at 20Mb minimum, overkill for people over 70 that only surfs the web
This 4Mb one will be perfect for them I think

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Some of our Clients don't need anything more than that. :)

It probably won't work for most Clients, but we prefer giving our Clients that option.

Last edited:

Marius Flash

Expert Member
Oh please !!! On Fiber 25GB Cap is like buying 250 MB of data and hoping that it will last the week , never mind the month !! Afrihost you can do better, come on now?:crying:

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Nothing wrong with that. My parents are on 2Mb Telkom adsl with 20Gb cap. Fibre has been laid in their area, but to expensive as there was no "cheap" option like this. Started at 20Mb minimum, overkill for people over 70 that only surfs the web
This 4Mb one will be perfect for them I think
The Fibre Capped accounts also receive the 00h00 to 08h00 After-Hours data. :)
I guess I am just spoiled with my Vox 4mbps uncapped @ R199 deal.

I can pay Vodacom 449 per month and get 3 times the data?

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Marius Flash

Expert Member
The Fibre Capped accounts also receive the 00h00 to 08h00 After-Hours data. :)
Means nothing ! I am sleeping during those times ! Put out a package of 4Mb line speed with a cap of 100GB of data on Fiber @ R500 per month and you will not be able to keep up with subscribers signing up, I am one that will do so.:whistling:

K3NS31

Expert Member
Hang on, wtf is the point of a 4 meg fibre line with 1 meg upload? May as well just stick with ADSL then.

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Oh please !!! On Fiber 25GB Cap is like buying 250 MB of data and hoping that it will last the week , never mind the month !! Afrihost you can do better, come on now?:crying:
There are quite a few of our Clients that don't need more data than that. :) It's just an option that we make available to our Clients.

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Hang on, wtf is the point of a 4 meg fibre line with 1 meg upload? May as well just stick with ADSL then.
It works out a bit economically due to not having to have Telkom Voice line rental. :)

Dan C

Honorary Master
Some of our Clients don't need anything more than that. :)

It probably won't work for most Clients, but we prefer giving our Clients that option.
But you can't buy a capped ADSL account under 100 gb ...

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Means nothing ! I am sleeping during those times ! Put out a package of 4Mb line speed with a cap of 100GB of data on Fiber @ R500 per month and you will not be able to keep up with subscribers signing up, I am one that will do so.:whistling:
The prices are really dependant on the providers in your area. Do you know which providers are available in your area? :)

Marius Flash

Expert Member
The prices are really dependant on the providers in your area. Do you know which providers are available in your area? :)
From the list provided i would say only Open Serve and maybe Vuma? Not sure, But seriously a package of 4Mb line speed with 100GB of data on Fiber network @ R500 will be a "Killer" package for those who can't afford the higher end brackets of say R799 - R999 per month. Like me of course, that is why i am pushing for a package like this........ Between Afrihost and a potential supplier in my area, this could be a "Winner":whistling:

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
From the list provided i would say only Open Serve and maybe Vuma? Not sure, But seriously a package of 4Mb line speed with 100GB of data on Fiber network @ R500 will be a "Killer" package for those who can't afford the higher end brackets of say R799 - R999 per month. Like me of course, that is why i am pushing for a package like this........ Between Afrihost and a potential supplier in my area, this could be a "Winner":whistling:
Hmmm. If you go for a Openserve 4Mbps Fibre line with 2Mbps upload and a 100GB Unshaped Capped account it will be R597 per month. And if you sign-up before the 7th of April we'll cover the installation fees and provide you with a WiFi router. :)

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Is that a contract deal? Our packages are month-to-month so the price-points will differ a bit.
For 3 times the data I would sign the contract. But no, you can get that same price on a month to month with Vodacom. On month to month there is a once off R999.00 fee though.