Afrihost launches R4,000-discount fibre promotion

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Thanks eehellfire

Here is the relevant text:
Should a user cancel their connection with us before 18 months of service, they will be charged a pro-rated amount to recover the initial offer extended. What this means is, for example, if a user receives an overall credit of R3600 on signup, and cancels after 8 months, that they will be charged an amount pro-rata for the remaining 10 months – in the case of this example that would equate to R2000. This is to cover the capital outlay incurred by Afrihost to provision infrastructure and hardware required in facilitating the fibre connection to users.
I hope MyBB doesn't ban me for posting this.

techead

Honorary Master
Just to be transparent...
There was an 18 month claw-back clause in the previous promotion - so bear that in mind

EDIT: Link to Ts & Cs
I'm glad that somebody posted this, for transparency sake. I refuse to deal with Afrihost, on principle alone.

There are much better offers out there from other service providers, and better services anyway.

Reactions: OCP

PRETTYFLY

I'm with them and took advantage on the promo..I have a 100meg line with 50 g as well as free data between 12 and 8 where I can do all my downloads..my 100 meg does 2 g in about 3 minutes..I can't complain and have no reason to leave in the next 18 months:)I pay R547 pm:)I have no problems with ah in the last two months:)

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Alright deal provided you don't take the free router. The discount adds up to R2000 (Installation, activation) that needs to be "paid back" over 18 months. Add the router and it quickly comes closer to R4000.

Johnfpro

One must intelligently consider all options from all providers. B/S baffles brains sometimes

silkenphoenixx

The "claw-back" clause seems quite reasonable to me. RSAWeb does it and I *think* WebAfrica does as well. They do incur some costs when getting the fibre provider to do the installation. 18 months seems a bit steep though, I'd have thought 12 would be more reasonable. I guess the router makes the difference.

Saber_rider45

Banned
I'm with them and took advantage on the promo..I have a 100meg line with 50 g as well as free data between 12 and 8 where I can do all my downloads..my 100 meg does 2 g in about 3 minutes..I can't complain and have no reason to leave in the next 18 months:)I pay R547 pm:)I have no problems with ah in the last two months:)
I do my downloads when I feel like it not when the ISP tells me to.

Totempole

Expert Member
Vumatel is actually very well priced if you choose the right ISP.
Not for 4Mb. Which is all I can afford at this point. The're the only provider which offers upload speeds of as low as 1Mb.

Even Openserve's entry level is 4/2 and the price is the same with most ISPs.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Gone back to Afrihost twice before. I've learned my lesson.