Afrihost Mobile: R145 for 5GB

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Company Rep
I've followed this forum from post 1.

My question: Once I get the AFRIHOST sim card, I will use it in my mifi device. Can I also, at the same time, use an APN on another MTN contract sim in order to use my AFRIHOST 5GB of data simultaneously?

You can yes. The MiFi device can handle up to 8 devices connected via WiFi. Along with this though, you can use the APN if you're using an MTN contract. The APN's will be available for use shortly after the public Mobile launch on the 3rd September.

dabbler

Expert Member
Already received my invoice :)

Can someone tell me when they will be delivered?

Last edited:

Jared176

As far as I can work out, yes you can. I was actually wondering what the churn rate will be - how many people will cancel soon after they get their devices...

I for one will keep the data going as the value is epic!

I took one for data and modem which I will use until Feb 2014...will relook at it if the prices do indeed change. For my girlfriend, we're going to see how it works out for her. If it turns out to be overkill, we may cancel after the first or second month. However, I'm trying to convince her to stay on until Feb as it will cost cheaper than using her family's 3G.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Regarding RICA, I set the delivery address using my work address, is this OK and all I need is ID and proof of residence for where I actually reside?

Jladan

i want to take this and then cancel next month :)

i just want the modem :D

can this be done ?

I'm sure it can, I am however sure you are one of those cretins who keeps moaning about how consumers get screwed over all the time, however when the opportunity comes along you publicly declare the intention to do exactly the same.

Whatever happened to acting in good faith. sheesh!

RichardG

Honorary Master
Afrihost need to be clear - If they need a copy of Rates(CITY OF JOHANNESBURG) & ID/PASSPORT to give to the courier or will Afrhost personal deliver in person.

Jladan

You can yes. The MiFi device can handle up to 8 devices connected via WiFi. Along with this though, you can use the APN if you're using an MTN contract. The APN's will be available for use shortly after the public Mobile launch on the 3rd September.

Can you use the APN as well as the SIM on the mifi at the same time? I've currently got an MTN contract and want to switch my phone data over to this one and then use the MIFI for business travel and ADSL failover.

distantclarity

I reckon, like an earlier poster, that this was the plan from the start... no amount of conventional marketing can create as big a fracas.

And also, got my order in :D.

We honestly weren't planning on giving away this many.
The goal was to give away 1000, but the demand was so insatiable that we decided to keep things rolling.

yebocan

Honorary Master

Sweeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttt!! :p

vicv

Expert Member
I've followed this forum from post 1.

My question: Once I get the AFRIHOST sim card, I will use it in my mifi device. Can I also, at the same time, use an APN on another MTN contract sim in order to use my AFRIHOST 5GB of data simultaneously?

+1

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Company Rep
Can you use the APN as well as the SIM on the mifi at the same time? I've currently got an MTN contract and want to switch my phone data over to this one and then use the MIFI for business travel and ADSL failover.

You can :)