Afrihost Mobile: R145 for 5GB

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Company Rep
Afrihost need to be clear - If they need a copy of Rates(CITY OF JOHANNESBURG) & ID/PASSPORT to give to the courier or will Afrhost personal deliver in person.

We need the normal RICA documents.
A copy of your proof of residence and a copy of your ID - along with your original ID to show the courier.

Daveogg

Expert Member
You can yes. The MiFi device can handle up to 8 devices connected via WiFi. Along with this though, you can use the APN if you're using an MTN contract. The APN's will be available for use shortly after the public Mobile launch on the 3rd September.

Wow this is epic and a game changer. So in the future I can buy one large bundle month to month from afrihost and multiple devices can use that bundle via the APN so long they are on MTN? Would make my household so much easier!!

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Company Rep
I'm sure they got those devices for probably R300 each buying in such bulk.. R300 x 8000 = R2.4 mill. Still a huge promotion cost.

R2 million x 10 here

8000 devices, plus the data (which according to my maths is 39TB) equals the grande total of R22 million in giveaways today :)

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
anyways i would like for afriguy to post how many people cancelled after 1 month

i realised i dont need it so wont take one :)

Luke7777

Executive Member
Regarding RICA, I set the delivery address using my work address, is this OK and all I need is ID and proof of residence for where I actually reside?
You RICA with your home address and ID. Have originals there to verify and copies for the courier

distantclarity

You can yes. The MiFi device can handle up to 8 devices connected via WiFi. Along with this though, you can use the APN if you're using an MTN contract. The APN's will be available for use shortly after the public Mobile launch on the 3rd September.

Just bare in mind that all data packages are linked to a SINGLE number.
You cannot use the same data package via APN AND Afrihost SIM.

Mr K

Hi Afriguy,
I have invited a friend to pre order. His clientzone does not show the mifi device. He ordered in time. My clientzone does show the mifi device.
He is not a previous afrihost client.
Is it normal? did he get mifi or not?

RichardG

Honorary Master
If your order has been successful you've got yourself a device. It'll be confirmed under your Client Zone and you'll receive a confirmation mail within 24 hours.

I ordered successful - logged into the clientzone, went under My Billing - My Statement, and invoice says "Pre-order of Mobile Two Package with Free Mi-Fi Device"

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Company Rep
Hi Afriguy,
I have invited a friend to pre order. His clientzone does not show the mifi device. He ordered in time. My clientzone does show the mifi device.
He is not a previous afrihost client.
Is it normal? did he get mifi or not?

If he signed up in time it'll be there. We just need to give our servers enough time to process all the orders.

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
Just bare in mind that all data packages are linked to a SINGLE number.
You cannot use the same data package via APN AND Afrihost SIM.
will you be able to change the number to which the package is assigned? - obviously not repeatedly, but say once in a month?

eltherza

Expert Member
Whats the invoice for R796 for:confused:

Fell into this hole as well. There was an issue where it would duplicate your order (I'd guess some kind of server load issue retry strat or something), and only the first mifi is free, they are then charged for at R796 after the first one. I've sent afrihost a message and talked to the account support. They know of this problem and (so I'm told) will address it before they take the money for the device.

(Currently, canceling the order doesnt removed the mifi charge and again - im told they know about this and will double check peoples billing)