Afrihost Mobile: R145 for 5GB

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
if you guys are happy to give such details - and the madness allows you to - I am curious how many people are signing up for more than one bundle - so where you are giving away one device but getting more than R145 for September

RichardG

Honorary Master
Hah - I wish :)

I have to agree with Joker on the above statement. I am sure you folks spent easy between R300 - R500 per device but a good way to spend money as a write-off and promote a new product. Your response today has been overwhelmed with 8000 orders x R145 = R11,60000

labratza

Expert Member
I have to agree with Joker on the above statement. I am sure you folks spent easy between R300 - R500 per device but a good way to spend money as a write-off and promote a new product. Your response today has been overwhelmed with 8000 orders x R145 = R11,60000

and I wonder what there cost per GB is on data as well that would be interesting to know. More than likely around R20 per GB or can I be wrong?

ForSure

Expert Member
says 145 in arrears in client zone but setup a debit order , do i still have to pay the amount or will it come off ?

RichardG

Honorary Master
says 145 in arrears in client zone but setup a debit order , do i still have to pay the amount or will it come off ?

If I read correctly debit orders are only processed on the 1st of each month, make sure you have funds available I did the credit card method & it seems it was successful cause when I check under my statement there is nothing owing.

Bona Botse

A little insight goes a long way
We honestly weren't planning on giving away this many.
The goal was to give away 1000, but the demand was so insatiable that we decided to keep things rolling.

I'll give you guys the benefit of my doubt... :D Either way, well played, for either a brilliant marketing campaign or brilliant, and quick, decision making.

I've signed up 2 friends so far, and 2 more to follow.

distantclarity

Please put me in touch with a supplier who can give us these devices at that price, coz Huawei sure isn't.

Mr K

Same here.
Message: Account is in good standing thanks for paying on time.
If I read correctly debit orders are only processed on the 1st of each month, make sure you have funds available I did the credit card method & it seems it was successful cause when I check under my statement there is nothing owing.

Seriously

Honorary Master
Account In Arrears
Your account Axxxxxxxx is in arrears. You have an oustanding balance of R145.00 Please pay via the ClientZone or call us now. Settle my account »
I have completed my debit order. Whats up AfriDucks?

distantclarity

and I wonder what there cost per GB is on data as well that would be interesting to know. More than likely around R20 per GB or can I be wrong?

A number of multiples higher than that.

We're making massive losses on this deal all around.
Using our marketing budget to subsidise same way we did with R29/GB back in 2009.

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
Please put me in touch with a supplier who can give us these devices at that price, coz Huawei sure isn't.
If you preorder a few million devices Huawei might

Of course if you need to preorder a few million devices you might need to hospitalize over worked staff

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Company Rep
I have completed my debit order. Whats up AfriDucks?

It's been posted before :)
You don't have to worry about this.

Debit orders will go off on the 1st September, while Credit Card orders will go off today.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident

I'm not owing anything either, but no funds out.

labratza

Expert Member

Debit orders will go off on the 1st September, while Credit Card orders will go off today.

good to know was stressing a little there, double and tripple checked information

distantclarity

Debit orders actually go off tomorrow as per the payment panel on completion of the orderform :)

ooogz

Expert Member
I just ordered via credit card. Said the order was complete. Log in to banking and there's no sign of outstanding amount or any sign of afrihost. Also I never received an email from afrihist to say that my order was complete? I'm new to afrihost but If I check my invoices or statements nothing comes up? Does it take a while to process?

yebocan

Honorary Master
So if I get this right, when I activate Afrihost Mobile APN on my MTN sim, I will pay 145 and get 5 gigs, it will not use the data I will get with my mifi order.