Afrihost: Please supply better "free" routers

KS17

Just googled Nat lol. Does double NAT mean my speeds will be slower given the two router setup?
No, speeds won't be affected but port forwarding and onlining gaming becomes problematic. @AfriNatic explained how to get around it but I can't seem to find that post. Otherwise check out the Mitchells Fibre thread, theres a solution somewhere in there.

Yugster

No, speeds won't be affected but port forwarding and onlining gaming becomes problematic. @AfriNatic explained how to get around it but I can't seem to find that post. Otherwise check out the Mitchells Fibre thread, theres a solution somewhere in there.
Thanks so much for this info.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi,
I'm not highly tech savvy but I can follow instructions if I can get improved settings. Is there anything specific I need to change and how?

You can log into the router with the below details.

Username: Epuser
Password: userEp

Under the Wifi basic settings there should be a "bandwidth" and Channel setting that can be adjusted.

Yugster

You can log into the router with the below details.

Username: Epuser
Password: userEp

Under the Wifi basic settings there should be a "bandwidth" and Channel setting that can be adjusted.
Hi
This is not very specific. Can you maybe say exactly where to go as there are a lot of submenus. screensho.png

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Ai this is not very helpful at allllll.

Sorry I'm just trying to help.

The Vuma Reach ONT is an ONT managed by Vumatel and not something we are completely sure how to navigate.

If you click on Advanced > WLAN Advanced there should be some channel settings that can be adjusted to see if it helps improving the wifi speeds.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic is the Huawei AX3 WiFi6 Dual Core still being offered to existing clients on Openserve who move over to Afrihost?

Morning,

Yes. Each order be it migrate or new install if you signup with Afrihost you get a Huawei AX3 router for free. You just pay the delivery fee.

K T

Right, so I now have a Huawei AX3 router to go along with my old D-Link DSL-G2562DG Telkom router.
Two questions, if anybody knows offhand:-
- Which is the better router
- Can either of them be used as an extender/repeater?

MavChat

Expert Member
Right, so I now have a Huawei AX3 router to go along with my old D-Link DSL-G2562DG Telkom router.
Two questions, if anybody knows offhand:-
- Which is the better router
- Can either of them be used as an extender/repeater?
Not sure about the Dlink, but the Huawei can be used as an extender. I have the W5100 and it is used as an extender with my Dlink DIR825 as primary.

The Huawei routers all use the same interface so it should be possible, though if I had the AX3 I would use it as primary

KinsZA

Expert Member
AX3 Wifi is incredible, firewall seems fine, easy to manage, boots nice and quick, only use 12v 1A power so thats nice if you use a DC ups backup.

Very very nice primary.