Afrihost Pure DSL

Grouter

Expert Member
I must really thank you from the bottom of my heart, without your help I would have never had service at my new house and according to Openserve there is no coverage - you walked the extra mile for me and put and order in with Openserve - and without we both expecting not much that I will be able to get service, Openserve installed my line and I am glad to report that I am happy surfing the internet. My line as installed in less than a week from AfriNatic placed the order at Openserve and my Afrihost PureDSL activated and up and running. Afrihost can be very glad to have you on the Team. You have helped me to get "No service to Service installed and working! I can gladly recommend AfriNatic for any help related to DSL services. He walked the extra mile for me!! Thank you.
@AfriNatic & @MEG101 : Are you two gonna be dating soon? :ROFL:

Seriously... Well done Afrihost and Afrinatic.
Now, can you guys maybe get Vox to get some representation here on the forums?

Last edited:

randomcat

Expert Member
@AfriNatic How long does it take to set it up. The last email I got from Afrihost was something about Openserve unable to plot your address please furnish us with the municipal bill. I replied with the documents 6 days ago.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic How long does it take to set it up. The last email I got from Afrihost was something about Openserve unable to plot your address please furnish us with the municipal bill. I replied with the documents 6 days ago.

That is possible if a manual order is required.

Drop me a pm with your email address so I can have a look for you.

Zeus07

So what's the issue with Pure LTE requiring a router approved by MTN?
Not sure if I've asked this question before, I don't want to go look it up because my ADSL line disconnects EVERY five &#$$$*n MINUTES.
I'd love to get Pure LTE, and I never NEVER want to use anything with Telkom's name on it EVER AGAIN, but that router thing just sounds so retarded to me.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
So what's the issue with Pure LTE requiring a router approved by MTN?
Not sure if I've asked this question before, I don't want to go look it up because my ADSL line disconnects EVERY five &#$$$*n MINUTES.
I'd love to get Pure LTE, and I never NEVER want to use anything with Telkom's name on it EVER AGAIN, but that router thing just sounds so retarded to me.

It's been a restriction since the product has been launched. There is a list of approved routers that can be used.

Have we logged a fault for the DSL for you?

Zeus07

It's been a restriction since the product has been launched. There is a list of approved routers that can be used.

Have we logged a fault for the DSL for you?
I've logged a fault, numerous times. I end up getting an SMS after a few days saying "fault restored" or something like that. I'm just tired of Telkom and never want to do business with them. So I'm trying to avoid Telkom LTE. MTN really screwed the pooch with their dumbass "approved router" requirement.
It's been a restriction since the product has been launched.
That much I know.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I've logged a fault, numerous times. I end up getting an SMS after a few days saying "fault restored" or something like that. I'm just tired of Telkom and never want to do business with them. So I'm trying to avoid Telkom LTE. MTN really screwed the pooch with their dumbass "approved router" requirement.

That much I know.

I can investigate an assist to get the issue resolved.

InTheWild

Thinking of getting the 10mbps pure dsl product from Afrihost. I'll definitely be saving since my line is with Telkom and being charged for ADSL & voice line.

So might be a stupid question, do I have to cancel the Telkom ADSL and voice sevice first before ordering the product from Afrihost? Or cancel and order same time?

InTheWild

Thinking of getting the 10mbps pure dsl product from Afrihost. I'll definitely be saving since my line is with Telkom and being charged for ADSL & voice line.

So might be a stupid question, do I have to cancel the Telkom ADSL and voice sevice first before ordering the product from Afrihost? Or cancel and order same time?

Hi @AfriNatic, any advise on how to go about when and in which order to cancel Telkom and order Afrihost pure DSL?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi @AfriNatic, any advise on how to go about when and in which order to cancel Telkom and order Afrihost pure DSL?

Morning,

Pure DSL is a separate service. Most lines into a property has more than 1 copper pair. You would be able to activate pure dsl on this second pair while your current DSL services and voice portion is being cancelled.

I would suggest starting the cancellation on those and then signing up for Pure DSL the same time as it takes a while for the Pure DSL to be installed.

InTheWild

Morning,

Pure DSL is a separate service. Most lines into a property has more than 1 copper pair. You would be able to activate pure dsl on this second pair while your current DSL services and voice portion is being cancelled.

I would suggest starting the cancellation on those and then signing up for Pure DSL the same time as it takes a while for the Pure DSL to be installed.
shot man, appreciate the feedback. Will do..

MEG101

Drop me a pm if you want me to follow up with the new Pure DSL order.
It has been a week now that my PureDSL 20mbps VDSL services are active, am I must say that I am more than impressed. Streaming is great at 4k on Netflix, Xbox downloads are a bliss, any other streaming and download protocol runs at full line speed. I can definitely recommend Afrihost PureDSL to anyone who wants pure uncapped, unshaped, unthrottled internet with no FUP. 5 Stars!!

Norrad

Expert Member
It has been a week now that my PureDSL 20mbps VDSL services are active, am I must say that I am more than impressed. Streaming is great at 4k on Netflix, Xbox downloads are a bliss, any other streaming and download protocol runs at full line speed. I can definitely recommend Afrihost PureDSL to anyone who wants pure uncapped, unshaped, unthrottled internet with no FUP. 5 Stars!!
What is your average upload speed on the 20mbps VDSL? I'm thinking about getting it installed at home.

MEG101

What is your average upload speed on the 20mbps VDSL? I'm thinking about getting it installed at home.

Average test on 20mbps VDSL was Ping 22ms 20.78mbps down and 4.89mbps upload. This all depends on copper quality of your line and distance from the DSLAM. If you are close to the exchange, I will recommend PureDSL for the price and performance @ R597

Norrad

Expert Member
Tested now

Ping: 22ms
Download: 20.49Mbps
Upload: 4.79Mbps

Average test on 20mbps VDSL was Ping 22ms 20.78mbps down and 4.89mbps upload. This all depends on copper quality of your line and distance from the DSLAM. If you are close to the exchange, I will recommend PureDSL for the price and performance @ R597
Thanks, everyone. I just ordered it now :)

MEG101

Thanks, everyone. I just ordered it now :)
I think you will be very happy with the performance you get on PureDSL. Just make sure you have a existing normal Telkom (Openserve) copper line running into your house, as Openserve will not install new lines in any homes. If you have the line, you can look forward to a great internet experience with Afrihost that offers true uncapped, unshaped, unthrottled internet with no FUP. Just make sure you have a VDSL compatible modem. Enjoy!!

Grouter

Expert Member
I think you will be very happy with the performance you get on PureDSL. Just make sure you have a existing normal Telkom (Openserve) copper line running into your house, as Openserve will not install new lines in any homes. If you have the line, you can look forward to a great internet experience with Afrihost that offers true uncapped, unshaped, unthrottled internet with no FUP. Just make sure you have a VDSL compatible modem. Enjoy!!
Au contraire, dear @MEG101 : Openserve techs insisted on a new dropwire and line into my house for Vox Pure DSL.
I think you mean:
"One must have an Openserve POLE or kiosk nearby".
I doubt they'd run a new multi-core cable from the exchange and erect poles in an area where there are none.
In other words, there would have to be active / live copper phone lines already in your area if you want Pure DSL.