Afrihost Pure Fibre - Big price cuts on FTTH packages

HaNsA

Expert Member
Unfortunately we don't offer VOIP just yet, but with the savings you could see, I am sure you would be able to find an affordable service.
Actually vox have the sadv 10mb for 549 vs your 618

20mb for 699 vs your 817.

It seems your sadv pricing is more expensive than others.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Actually vox have the sadv 10mb for 549 vs your 618

20mb for 699 vs your 817.

It seems your sadv pricing is more expensive than others.
When I visit their site there does seem to be an FUP in place for Fibre to the Home. Couldn't find an Unshaped, Uncapped product. If it is truly unshaped and uncapped, gotta say those are good prices.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Can you answer the questions in my email to you - I'm not signing anything over till i have those answered in writing.
I have replied, but you should receive a courtesy call first thing tomorrow :)

Fjorko

Expert Member
For the record - I am posting the Terms & Conditions here for all to see, just in case you oukes pull a sneaky sneaky on us and change it. This is what I'll be signing up for : Anything less - and I'll cancel it straight away.

Not gonna lie - I'm VERY nervous about all of this ;-) . I love my CISP connection, but I just have to try this to see for myself.

Capture.JPG

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
For the record - I am posting the Terms & Conditions here for all to see, just in case you oukes pull a sneaky sneaky on us and change it. This is what I'll be signing up for : Anything less - and I'll cancel it straight away.

Not gonna lie - I'm VERY nervous about all of this ;-) . I love my CISP connection, but I just have to try this to see for myself.

View attachment 684645
Happy with that - I think I would be equally disappointed if we did that. I am confident our directors would never allow that. We're only as good as our promises to our clients.

I get that you're nervous, but PM me if you have concerns. Happy to put you in touch with our best people to make sure you have the right experience.

Fjorko

Expert Member
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, I'll give forumites an honest review once I'm on board of what it's like, because i'm VERY VERY skeptical about this sort of thing, and I don't trust most , if any, company(ies).

Cheers !

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, I'll give forumites an honest review once I'm on board of what it's like, because i'm VERY VERY skeptical about this sort of thing, and I don't trust most , if any, company(ies).

Cheers !
Appreciate the leap of faith you're taking. Happy with the open feedback. Just also know that we are totally happy to check out anything funky ;)

jeevadotnet

4 things I've learned from afrihost over the years

1) they shape the hell out of you on any package
2) they f... You with the T&C. Go read it. This is not an old price vs new price. T&C stipulates this is a promotion that can be stopped at any day.
Get a bunch of people on 1gbe and then stop the promo... Boom back to R2000+pm, they have pulled this stunt before.
3) never trust afrihost
4) support sucks

Thanks but no thanks, I've been a victim of you before

kazeus

I've been pretty happy with afrihost fibre. Was on the 40mbs home uncapped for a about a year, and am trialing the 100mbs line currently to see if I notice any difference with my current usage. I have noticed that the "price cuts" on the openserve are all the same price of the 40mbs and 100mbs home uncapped line.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep

2) they f... You with the T&C. Go read it. This is not an old price vs new price. T&C stipulates this is a promotion that can be stopped at any day.
Get a bunch of people on 1gbe and then stop the promo... Boom back to R2000+pm, they have pulled this stunt before.
3) never trust afrihost
4) support sucks

Hi Jeeva

I get why you feel this way, but I can promise we don't ever do bait and switch. Sometimes we can pull off a great deal only for a short time, simply cos it's not cost effective to sustain it for a long time. This is usually something we subsidise through our marketing budget, or if we see a short term windfall in upstream costs.

We have said this offer is limited, and you'll need to grab it while you can. Once you have it - it's yours for as long as you fibre with us. We absolutely will not change the rules on you, and I'm not sure how and when you felt this happened in the past. We've only increased our prices once that I can remember, and that was by R10 or R20.

We are definitely doing better in support and overall our average ratings have improved vastly. We're also seeing much shorter hold times and quicker resolution turnaround times.

I really do hope you give us a try again in the future. If you like, I would be more than happy to look into anything that happened in the past. If we did wrong - it's never too late to put it right.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
I've been pretty happy with afrihost fibre. Was on the 40mbs home uncapped for a about a year, and am trialing the 100mbs line currently to see if I notice any difference with my current usage. I have noticed that the "price cuts" on the openserve are all the same price of the 40mbs and 100mbs home uncapped line.
Glad to see that you're having a great experience with us. To be honest, once you get into the big speeds, you'll notice the difference more when you have hig consumption devices, like 4K TV and smart home appliances running constantly. It's just better to have a larger connection so you never feel that consumption.

Our new prices are similar to the old home tier, but the product experience is closer to the priority level in that it's not restricted by any shaping, throttling or threshold rules. So it's a win all round :)

Afrihost-Gian

Afrihost CEO
Company Rep

View attachment 684645
Hey there Fjorko. I understand your cynicism - Some things do seem to good to be true. But if you successfully sign up for a Pure Fibre (while it's available) your connection, for as long as you are with us, will always be Uncapped, Unshaped and Unthrottled no mater what your data usage is.

freematrix

How is this news? They are still more expensive that other ISP's who have been doing this for years??????!!!?!?!? They are still ripping people off.

freematrix

View attachment 684645
Mate there are other ISP's doing this for years and still cheaper. Why take the risk with the guys who have milked it for years.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
How is this news? They are still more expensive that other ISP's who have been doing this for years??????!!!?!?!? They are still ripping people off.
Sorry you feel this way - we definitely do believe that this is a leap forward. In our research, these prices beat almost every price out there, except for some heavily throttled and shaped offers. Our product is now completely unshaped and unthrottled, and also is not subject to thresholds in our AUP. While some similar products are advertised as unshaped, they do have some FUP/AUP restrictions, such as protocol limits or international download restrictions.

We do believe this is the best deal on the table right now :)

Fjorko

Expert Member
Hey there Fjorko. I understand your cynicism - Some things do seem to good to be true. But if you successfully sign up for a Pure Fibre (while it's available) your connection, for as long as you are with us, will always be Uncapped, Unshaped and Unthrottled no mater what your data usage is.
Sure - thanks - but you know what. I think why people are so nervous is that you guys started the whole DSL revoluton back in the day and everyone was amazed at what you did, but then you went off the rails as an ISP and people left in droves.

At the end of the day - all the end user wants is is stable, fast internet access. Value for money as well, because that is a scarce thing these days.

Fjorko

Expert Member
Mate there are other ISP's doing this for years and still cheaper. Why take the risk with the guys who have milked it for years.
Look, im not signing my house over - like i mentioned in another thread, worst case, i lose R999 and go back to CISP ( and pay whatever for activation or whatnot ) , knowing i learnt a lesson.

I'll give them a chance - lets see how it goes - trust me - I'm brutally honest and will give you my honest feedback once i am onboard with them.

Reactions: 3WA

Afrihost-Gian

Afrihost CEO
Company Rep

3) never trust afrihost
4) support sucks

Hi there.

I think Afriman did a great job replying to your post but I also wanted to reply in my personal capacity.

First of all I understand your reluctance completely. There is no question that in the past we tried things that didn't work. We made mistakes. We were caught in some behind-the-scenes tough situations. However, no matter the reasons I take full responsibility for the failures. They were all mine and I accept it.

We hurt and let down many of our power users (especially within the MyBB community), and the pain still runs very deep as is evident in many of the posts that are anti-Afrihost.

I understand that and I also know that we will never be able to regain the trust back of many of these ex-clients. An I do accept this.

However, we are going to move heaven and earth to try and regain your trust. And that's not a one day thing. It's not a week or a month thing either. It's years of consistent toil. Hopefully in a year I can look back on this post and reflect and see that we won the trust back of some of our power user clients we let down. That would make me happy.

We will relentlessly strive to do this and never give up.

Now some reading this will say this is all marketing-speak bull and never give us a chance again. And that's OK. Some, however, will give us a chance and it's my aim to deliver consistently and over and over and over again to these clients. Trust is hard earned and easily lost. And we're ready to work hard.

To address your comments:

"1) they shape the hell out of you on any package"

Pure Fibre is completely uncapped, unshaped and unthrottled no matter how much data you use or when you use it. Pure Fibre has no data usage thresholds.

"2) they f... You with the T&C. Go read it. This is not an old price vs new price. T&C stipulates this is a promotion that can be stopped at any day.
Get a bunch of people on 1gbe and then stop the promo... Boom back to R2000+pm, they have pulled this stunt before."

The offering of this promotion to new clients can be stopped at any time. However, if you successfully sign up for a Pure Fibre package your connection will be Uncapped, unshaped and Unthrottled for as long as you keep that package with Afrihost.

"3) never trust afrihost"

Clearly we have hurt you at some point in the past and I am sincerely sorry. As mentioned above we will work relentlessly to earn the trust back of hurt ex-clients who give us a another chance. If you choose not to I understand and wish you all the absolute best.

"4) support sucks"

I sincerely believe we offer great support overall. Do we sometimes suck? Sure. Are there new members of our team that make mistakes? Sure. However, looking at our clients' overall ratings of their interactions and experience with us I do believe we offer solid help and support.

And herewith ends my novel :)

Have a great day