Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Treschen

Using NordVPN at the moment, went from a 0.24Mbps download to 413Mbps to CoreIX.
Mind if I ask what does NordVPN cost ? And is there a local VPN server in SA ?

Use warp on my mobile and so far it works great even on Mobile, but need something where I can build a vpn from my Mikrotik

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Somehow things have managed to get worse. I'm now averaging <3Kbps download speed.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
warp/vpn ftw.

Ffs.png

Edit: And I see that VMOS is 316MB. Great...

Last edited:

Seeyou

Expert Member
Warp has an odd delay every time it accesses a Google CDN. Guessing related to hitting the Kenya datacenter like Youtube, though the added latency wouldn't account for it. Very weird routing.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Ffs.png

Edit: And I see that VMOS is 316MB. Great...
yeah, sux when you're not already set up, i bought nordvpn on ebay during the first round of ddos attacks on ah. had to do gardening during that time, but working internet since.

bradza

Morning everyone. Updates on WACS/SAT3 break:

Engineers have determined that the SAT3/WACS break is in the Libreville, Gabon, Vicinity and the WACS cable break has been isolated to the Congo between two repeater sites.

We've updated our website and will post any further updates we receive.

Two communication links in two different locations around the same time... something smells off? Are they holding comm links to ransom these days?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
yeah, sux when you're not already set up, i bought nordvpn on ebay during the first round of ddos attacks on ah. had to do gardening during that time, but working internet since.

You don't happen to have the setup files on hand still do you? Local speeds are still fine for everyone.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
i'm running a mac, tried to install but my os is not supported. using nordvpn 1 year ebay license @ R75.

Ah, good idea. I see there's a bunch of 12 month licenses for R52 and that the NordVPN installer size is miniscule. Grabbing one now. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Ah, good idea. I see there's a bunch of 12 month licenses for R52 and that the NordVPN installer size is miniscule. Grabbing one now. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:
just takes a while to deets to come through.