Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Hype

The guys are working on keeping packet loss to a minimum first, and then bringing down latency thereafter.

From my discussion with our network manager, they're working under very tight resource constraints (in terms of bandwidth). While it's not ideal, we may need to accept some short periods of poor latency while we wait for the cables to be fixed.

I understand that, used to be fine, maybe just see if this IP is on a bad path? Works fine with my LTE without a vpn. 37.187.251.149

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
I understand that, used to be fine, maybe just see if this IP is on a bad path? Works fine with my LTE without a vpn. 37.187.251.149

It also times out for me after the first ping. It could just be that the router/switch doesn't like ICMP traffic.

thehuman

Expert Member
It also times out for me after the first ping. It could just be that the router/switch doesn't like ICMP traffic.
@AfriMan I have send some people your way , they done a pre order within the special 2 months free time , now afrihost supports say they not eligible.
One guy wanted to cancel pre order but you want to charge him r999 because you send router before installation was done.

Williejvr

@AfriMan I have send some people your way , they done a pre order within the special 2 months free time , now afrihost supports say they not eligible. They don't want to give that 2 months. I need to cancel ADSL line only after Fibre is connected. So I have to pay double, and Telkom is not to quick to do cancelation.
I pre ordered but you want to charge me r999 because you send router before installation was done.

Sapphiron

Expert Member
That's maybe a bit more involved to answer off the bat. Short answer is you probably can use most devices on your ONT, as long as it does DHCP.

Just to be clear, we do Fibre to the Home, and not Fibre to the Business. So Vuma may not complete installation if it's a home order and they see that this is a business.
Thanks, it answers my questions.

I dont anticipate Vumatel being an problem, its a business run from a residential premises.

steco777

Update From Tenet (the company fixing the cable breaks -

The transit to the WACS S1i cable ground is complete. Repairs are now underway by the Leon Thevenin. ETR remains 08 February 2020.

I assume this means one cable fixed and the other will be fixed by the 8th Feb?

Luke7777

Executive Member

skylink

Afrihost just plain sucks right now.

After spending the day at a friend streaming multiple streams and various tests MWEB never dropped a frame, Come home and want to continue watching something and I want to demolish the CPE, resolve your lack of bandwidth this is unacceptable :mad:

moms

@AfriMan international speeds looking great on my end with openserve as I can stream IPTV, Cinema HD, Kodi and Cyberflix all with RD awesome work from the team

eshar

@AfriMan during the day thing work great all my platform stream well.I am stream all international content ie disney + etc. come around 5:30 PM then its bad. its more likely not enough bandwidth ?. it been happening for a long time. could you investigate. FYI i downloaded the new war craft 3 and could not get more the 40 mb a sec

cavedog

Honorary Master
Well they did not downgrade my line as I requested in the control panel. Charged me for 200Mbps again as indicated on the invoice.... :rolleyes:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Well they did not downgrade my line as I requested in the control panel. Charged me for 200Mbps again as indicated on the invoice.... :rolleyes:

Typical first line support response. I reguested downgrade on 22/01/19. Cut off time is 23rd of the Month. He confirms this and still say I was late with my downgrade request..... If it's like that I might aswell change it to a cancellation request and move to a cheap ISP as this line will be a backup line anyways.....

I trust you are well

Please note that your regrade will only be effective on 2020-02-29 23:59:59, this is because you processed the regrade on 2020-01-22 09:10 {any regrades done after the 23rd of the month are only effective at the end of the following month} and unfortunately you have already been billed for 200Mbps

Hingisp

Typical first line support response. I reguested downgrade on 22/01/19. Cut off time is 23rd of the Month. He confirms this and still say I was late with my downgrade request..... If it's like that I might aswell change it to a cancellation request and move to a cheap ISP as this line will be a backup line anyways.....
This is simply just pathetic!