Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

sammi01

Shew, I'm glad I'm on vuma and not openserve, not had any downtime for as long as I can remember.

Moved from Openserve / Telkom to Vuma / Afrihost about a year ago.

Openserve was the first fibre provider in our area and did not experience any major outages.

Prefer Vuma trenched over Openserve aerial.

dasdk

Hello mybb/afrihostees
Can someone kindly do a Speedtest with a 1gbps line do an international speed test to say London, pref on vumatel network

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Still the the same ?? @Afri-people ? That's on a 1/1
Firefox (Wired)

Local is ok

Speedtest via Iphone App gives 344/4 to London
Probably because of the kuk ping to london, try a vpn like cloudflare? Also, what is 1/1, assuming it's 1gig, in that case local not so lekker.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Hello mybb/afrihostees
Can someone kindly do a Speedtest with a 1gbps line do an international speed test to say London, pref on vumatel network

Coreix London Windows pc wired...

Android cell phone.

eebc35a0268e581c7c05b0228e6ddbbe.jpg

iOS.

794e4de908dcc14ca670a5270cac1489.png

Luke7777

Executive Member
Have you tried connecting to the ONT directly and using the app not a browser?
Only Edge was an issue before... other browsers were fine . Speedtest via Iphone App gives 344/4 to London . Can't do it directly via ONT , unless you want my wife to kill me for interrupting her Teams meetings :)

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Only Edge was an issue before... other browsers were fine . Speedtest via Iphone App gives 344/4 to London . Can't do it directly via ONT , unless you want my wife to kill me for interrupting her Teams meetings :)

Lol yes let's hold off with that for now then :)

Luke7777

Executive Member
Probably because of the kuk ping to london, try a vpn like cloudflare? Also, what is 1/1, assuming it's 1gig, in that case local not so lekker.
My ping to London always varies between high 160s and low 180s. I *did* say "OK' ... didn't say I was happy with it :D

sand_man

Honorary Master

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
My ping to London always varies between high 160s and low 180s. I *did* say "OK' ... didn't say I was happy with it :D

Last couple of days some of the traffic has been going via DE-IX to London. I will get some info as to why that is. :)

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Windows app doesn't allow me to change to an overseas server ? IOS does

Yes noticed the same. So with FrogFoot to log a speed or intermittent fault with them they require you do to a speedtest to 5 different servers using the speedtest app and showing the computers CPU usage when doing the speedtest. You also need to be connected directly to the ONT. Then FF will investigate. So we can always do that if you not happy. :)