Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Dreamer

Hi @AfriNatic
I pushed the button on the 29th and got the confirmation email etc, rebooted ont and router but still at 50mbps, can you check for me?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi @AfriNatic
I pushed the button on the 29th and got the confirmation email etc, rebooted ont and router but still at 50mbps, can you check for me?

Yes I can.

Just confirm your clientzone details again.

I get so many PMs so I might lose some old messages.

Old_Liver

I have 2 invoices for the same amount, same date after doing the upgrade.
Will this be rectified or will I be debited twice?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I have 2 invoices for the same amount, same date after doing the upgrade.
Will this be rectified or will I be debited twice?

The old invoice would have been credited already due to the changes. Only 1 invoice will be due.

Go†h_Li†e°²

Connection on Octotel up and down, packet loss and latency, no http/https traffic. Southern Suburbs, Cape Town, anyone else experiencing issues?

Pho3nix

The Legend
So got an email for a free upgrade on Vumatel. Signed up and got a mail confirming the upgrade but new cost?

Email went out by error as it was only for Telkom peeps?

Jeruanamo

Hi there -- is there an issue whenever you upgrade or downgrade your speed with Afrihost? Call centre time is 36 minutes to speak to someone :(

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
So got an email for a free upgrade on Vumatel. Signed up and got a mail confirming the upgrade but new cost?

Email went out by error as it was only for Telkom peeps?

Nope most FNO qualify for the free doubles speeds. This is a promo Afrihost is running so we can call it an Afrihost exclusive.

The new price is generated by the system but if you opt in to the promo the price is discounted so you will not be charged the new price unless you keep it after January 2021.

It's free and if you have been charged more than your normal price something went wrong that we need to look into. :)

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi there -- is there an issue whenever you upgrade or downgrade your speed with Afrihost? Call centre time is 36 minutes to speak to someone :(

Not sure I follow your question. There isn't any issues with upgrading or downgrading that I'm aware of. What issues are you experiencing?

yebocan

Honorary Master
@AfriNatic - thanks for the free upgrade, Afrihost .... I "pushed the button" - got email confirming migration + new cost... This normal?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic - thanks for the free upgrade, Afrihost .... I "pushed the button" - got email confirming migration + new cost... This normal?

Yes the new cost will ONLY apply if you decide to keep the service at the current speed.

You will be able to confirm this by looking at the new invoices that get generated. It will show the discounts that have been applied.

We ran a trial for quite some time before the emails were sent out today. Billing has not failed once yet so I'm confident the billing is correct. You can always pull an account history in clientzone to confirm. ;)